• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Questbook "The Grip of Lord Bastian"

Postby Sjeng » August 16th, 2011, 1:39 pm

joec wrote:Okay folks.

I've taken some time from my "alternate questbook" project to do a bit more work on an original questbook.

I'll probably change some names, and I have a bit of graphic work to do, and layout work.... but I have this questbook for testing. Unfortunately, my players aren't advanced enough for it, as they're halfway through the first book, and I intend for them to run through this after Kellar's Keep and Return of the Witch Lord.

Anyone want to give it a lookover?

So, are you going to make a final version of your book? With a cover, a title, hopefully with all quests on 1 page each? I'm always looking for new quests :)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby joec » August 17th, 2011, 11:04 am

We'll see. I'm not artistic enough to do a cover, and formatting each quest to fit on one page will make some of the text tiny. I'm basically looking for playtesting right now before I invest all the formatting time.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » August 17th, 2011, 11:39 am

But the text has to fit on one page, thems the rules.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 17th, 2011, 12:13 pm

joec wrote:We'll see. I'm not artistic enough to do a cover, and formatting each quest to fit on one page will make some of the text tiny. I'm basically looking for playtesting right now before I invest all the formatting time.

I'm more than willing to format it for you, and add a nice cover (perhaps you've got an image in mind you'd like to use?) if you could send me your files. I'll see if I can fit them on one page and still keep things readable.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby joec » August 18th, 2011, 4:02 pm

I'll give it some thought once I revisit it for some updates.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 19th, 2011, 6:51 am

joec wrote:I'll give it some thought once I revisit it for some updates.

okay, just drop me a pm ;)

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 12th, 2019, 4:42 am

Can't believe I overlooked this. It looks very impressive, and is now another quest I will have to work into our storyline. With the undead theme I think I will set it in Sylvania with its many ruined castles being perfect places for Erbog's lair and Lord Bastian's fortress.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 12th, 2019, 6:45 am

I had a fast look at the questbook for the first time and it seems interesting but I just don't like when in a single quest there are too much things/notes, like in Quest 1 we find 12 notes.
Also I think the Gargoyle in Quest 1 will be slayed in the first 2 turns and BEFORE he can fully recover its stats (he is alone and will face 4 heroes so he will have to defent against 8 attacks using 2 dice only), so the note is unuseful in my opinion.
Quest 2 there is no note that specify the mercenary is Vincent (as I guess) A mercenary icon is used on the map but note C says that you have to use the Chaos Warlock to represent Lord BAstian or a Mummy if the Chaos Warlock figure is already in use for Vincent. I guess I understant the author's intention to make it playable using only the content of the basic game but it may be confusing, also because if you find Lord BAstian first and THEN Vincent, do you should use a mummy to represent Vincent?
I like the earthquake causing some falling rocks and blocking part of the dungeon corridors.
I will read more deeply later and let you know.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 12th, 2019, 3:13 pm

And Quest 1 is lacking a note for the chest in the little room on the right. We don't do searching down pit traps, so the pit will just be a normal trap and I'll put its contents into that chest. I too thought the Gargoyle note unnecessary, and will be playing the Gargoyle at full strength.

In Quest 5 there is no information as to combat off/onto the wall (Note K). Can Heroes jump down? Is ranged combat into the open courtyard allowed? I'm not going to allow adjacent combat or jumping. I will allow ranged combat and LOS spells off the wall to anywhere a Hero can see. Other room walls will block, so the monsters can get out of sight once they have been seen, placed on the board and survived any initial shots.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 12th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Here's my quick production cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs