• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Inappropriate Figures

Projects created by Zealot Miniatures may be discussed in this room.

Re: Inappropriate Figures

Postby StratosVX » August 18th, 2015, 12:12 pm

cynthialee wrote:By pointing out the problem to those who do make miniatures I am doing something.
The argument presented above is an argument from a position of privilege.
I don't have money and the only sculptors I know are here on the Inn. I said, clearly, what is wrong in the industry. It is male dominated and when women do make their opinions known we get a mountain of excuses as to why we are wrong. Thanks again for the lecture in how a person of privilege might go about getting things done. Now as an activist type I will use the best tool I have, my voice.

Pointing out a problem on a site dedicated to a game that has been long out of print is not pointing the problem out the the people that make the miniatures. This site is in no way affiliated with any of the big manufacturers. Sending GW an email wouldn't exactly constitute a hearty attempt to make a difference either. And no, my argument is not a position of privilege. All you need is an internet connection which you obviously have. Use that tool to meet other people on any of the millions of sites out there. It costs absolutely nothing to make a Twitter account, a Facebook page, post YouTube videos etc. to get the ball rolling to bring people to you that are of like mind. That is using your voice, your tool, on the internet and you don't have to spend a dime to do it. Exactly how is that a position of privilege? Use those free sites to talk to people. Join other forums. Join forums dedicated to minis. Eventually you will meet the people that have the skills you need. Also, as I said, you can get the public to help fund it through sites like Kickstarter. You don't have to be the one to pay for the mini's. How is not spending your money to make it happen a position of privilege? You talk about receiving a mountain of excuses as to why you are wrong yet I gave you ideas as to how to make it happen and I received excuses as to how I was wrong. If you want to see a change in the industry, any industry, you are just as capable as making it happen as anyone else. Nothing says you have to be the one to do the work, you just have to find people that will stand behind you to help you make it happen.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby ampersand » August 18th, 2015, 12:40 pm

8 pages of this? seriously people? its 2015. and im sure we are all adults. and would like to assume everyone has seen a naked body before.
try painting a naked mini. they are a joy to paint. how to keep clean consistant skin tones over a model and make it look beautiful with the final outcome. the reason most of them are female. is because women ARE a work of art. and us men are just lumps

look at them as a palette to create more so than 'inappropriate"

i can think of a million more 'inappropriate' ways a model could be produced than anything seen on the zealot page. but id only be being inappropriate in listing them :p

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » August 18th, 2015, 1:02 pm

cynthialee wrote:By pointing out the problem to those who do make miniatures I am doing something.
The argument presented above is an argument from a position of privilege.
I don't have money and the only sculptors I know are here on the Inn. I said, clearly, what is wrong in the industry. It is male dominated and when women do make their opinions known we get a mountain of excuses as to why we are wrong. Thanks again for the lecture in how a person of privilege might go about getting things done. Now as an activist type I will use the best tool I have, my voice.

You've cried several times about problems and many members here have given you honest advice and you refuse to acknowledge it. Even TMU, who is by far the youngest one here, gave you great advice.
TMU wrote:No, I didn't mean sculpting necessary. Modding is something anyone can do in a way or another. If you say you can't mod a miniature I say you are not trying hard enough ;)

If you claim that someone who's 18, I think is what he last said, and giving you options to remedy what you perceive is a problem that you outrightly refuse to attempt then you are incapable listening. Sarcasm: Won't someone please listen to the childern?! /Sarcasm Typo is intentional. There have been a lot of good options presented and your response has been akin to 'That's not exactly what I want so it wont work!'. Are there problems? I'm sure there are. Does it help when you constantly state the same over and over disregarding helpful and positive critiques? Not as I see it. If you want me to admit it then yes: Sarcasm: There is a secret conspiracy of men that are trying to keep women subjugated and enslaved in the kitchen pregnant and washing dishes while cooking dinner :shock: . I am a member of that group :twisted: and expose myself in the hopes of helping you be a better human than I am. If you cannot find your naked male miniatures then you can band together with the other enslaved women that crave the same figures and topple the misogynistic male empire that's been built on the tears of women shed for lack of said minatures. I have included a link to my idol Al Bundy's iconic t-shirt for reference of my allegiance to this organization.
/Sarcasm

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 19th, 2015, 3:19 am

I could try and make at least one of the minis you want. I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for.
cynthialee wrote:I wanted to set up a ... scene. ... a harem of hot man slaves who are charmed into her service eternally by her sorcery.

"Charmed by sorcery" would mean there's no need to chain them. They would stay in her service "voluntarily" out of what they think is their free will, so they won't even look surpressed or humilatd in their posture or expression.
If you had a free wish for an "inappropriate" male mini, what should it be?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 19th, 2015, 3:37 am

Anderas wrote:Or buy this. Not save for work, Americans and Kids. :p

http://www.blackmoor.ca/hfvictoria1.htm

Maybe she wants it like this?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » August 19th, 2015, 10:02 am

Anderas wrote:
Anderas wrote:Or buy this. Not save for work, Americans and Kids. :p

http://www.blackmoor.ca/hfvictoria1.htm

Maybe she wants it like this?

ok that is pretty hot....

Now if I could ask for any one mini...?

hmmm....

A chained man carrying a tray of drinks, or snacks. He has a few healed lash marks on his back and he should be tough looking like Conan. But obviously he isn't as skilled or he wouldn't be in his current predicament.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » August 19th, 2015, 11:15 am

I'm sorry, I've got a problem.
New IT politics here at work prevent me from installing software on my working computer myself, so I can't do as much private thingies as before - expecially I don't have the 3D modelling tools at hand I used to have. Fortunally I managed to save my harddisk with all my earlier work.
Of course I could make the mini at home, but having a big old house to renovate and a two year old son, this will probably not be in the near future.
I won't forget your request.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 19th, 2015, 3:55 pm

I'll buy a copy of the mini.
Still. Where's my fat ugly Swordswoman?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » August 20th, 2015, 5:50 am

Games Workshop has already made that mini kk:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » August 20th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Detail is crap on that mini.
She seems more rubenesque than homely and fat.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext