• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Gather your Heroes for Play-by-Post adventures here. Posting in this room does not count toward your posting rank.
Forum rules
Use this area for gathering and playing Play-by-Post games. They need not be HeroQuest, but all games are still subject to the rules of the Ye Olde Inn forum. Posts in this room will not count toward your posting rank.

Note: There are no Quick Reply boxes in this forum. They have been disabled due to incompatibility with the Dice feature this forum uses.

Re: Chronicles of Sir Ragnar playtest: The Beginning

Postby Sjeng » June 28th, 2013, 3:00 am

NO, I FOUND 60 GOLD MUHAHAHA! ehm. sorry :P EoT
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » June 28th, 2013, 5:57 am

Oops, my fault - didn't read the card.
The Road Warrior wrote:If you want to go down into the cellar someone is going to have to roll for movement.

Well here's the roll:
Big Bene rolled 2 6-sided dice:
1, 6

What now? Shall I just go down?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » June 29th, 2013, 11:45 am

After many hours of guarding the trapdoor the soldiers realise that the sounds of battle from outside the Inn have stopped.

"Sneeks, you're the scout. Go and get me a report on the situation outside" orders Sir Ragnar. The scout heads out into the night looking for Sergeant Hoppy. As he is leaving he passes the Innkeeper who is on his way into the kitchen to find Sir Ragnar.

“They got her! They took my beautiful Lucilla! Pelase! Help! Hurry to her rescue! It’s your duty as chevaliers!”

When the soldiers have managed to calm him down the Innkeeper tells them that Lucilla is his 16 year old daughter. She was in the private rooms of the inn before the attack of the orc and is now gone. When asking further, the heroes learn that her mother, Hilda, was kidnapped by orcs in a very similar way twelve years ago.

End of Quest stats

• Sir Ragnar - The Swordsman
    Attack - 3
    Defence - 4
    Body - 2
    Mind - 4
    Inventory - 35 Gold
  • Sneeks - The Scout
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 5
    Body - 1
    Mind - 4
    Inventory -A Spear, 45 Gold
    * Sneeks has a Dwarf-like ability to disarm traps
  • Sarymor - The Crossbowman
    Attack - 3(1)
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
    Inventory - 120 Gold
  • Garmin - The Halberdier
    Attack - 2
    Defence - 4
    Body - 5
    Mind - 3
    Inventory - 10 Gold

I've ended the quest here as there isn't really anything for you to do in the cellar. I was going to add a few Orcs but it won't make much difference to the outcome of the quest. I've also added some feedback to the main topic for this quest
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 29th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Allright! Nice game. Glad we all survived ;)

Now to spend the gold on beer and women! :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 30th, 2013, 3:20 am

No wonder you spent so many turns seaching. ;) Cheers, one and all. |_P
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » July 19th, 2013, 5:14 am

So, shall we go resuing Lucilla?
Or rather go on to Birkenthal?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » July 19th, 2013, 5:35 am

Are both quests finished? I've only seen the Birkenthal quest.

Daedalus voted for 'duty before honor' so as he is the commanding officer it looks like your going to Birkenthal.

I'm happy to be Morcar again but if someone else wants to take over I'm ok with that too. I'm hoping to play through all of the Ragnar quests and would like to be Morcar when, and if, we get to Dealing with Death.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » July 19th, 2013, 5:52 am

The Road Warrior wrote:Are both quests finished? I've only seen the Birkenthal quest.

You're right. I just started making the Damsel in Distress quest, and would hurry to bring it to a playable form if this is what our heroes want.
But frankly, I hoped the vote would turn for Birkenthal. :roll:
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » March 31st, 2014, 3:49 pm

I'm changing my sig, so I'm posting my Hero for reference:

Sir Ragnar
Swordsman
Att: 3
Def: 4
Mov: 2
MP: 4
BP: 2/6
broadsword
chain mail, helmet
30 gc
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » April 3rd, 2014, 2:55 am

Interestingly, when I try to follow the link in your new signature I get the message:
"Criminal and activity is block (sic) by web content filter.[powered by DrayTec]"
Well, I can understand that voting for Zargon may be a criminal act in the Empire, but I still wonder...

Well, in reality, it's just another proof how stupid those web filters are. Will have to look it up after work.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Play-by-Post Game Room