• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Clairvoyance

Discuss Quests, Cards, Monsters etc, from the Wizards of Morcar Quest Pack.

Clairvoyance

Postby wallydubbs » October 29th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Most of the time Spells of Detection won't get picked and it's partially due to this card. They can always open the door themselves and find out.

The card does not specify it, so I don't think it would be breaking any rules by adding the little bonus of pointing out traps in the room the hero picks. The spell says that Morcar (or Zargon) would lay out the contents of the room, I think a trap should count... it would make the spell slightly more effective.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Clairvoyance

Postby WiseOne » August 28th, 2020, 6:17 pm

I've only ever considered it that way as the point of the spell. It allows you to see a trap in front of a door that way and other traps. Main reason you might take these.
WiseOne

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » August 30th, 2020, 10:56 am

As you use it to see something that still have to happen (what you'll meet inside once you will enter) I guess you may intend it reveals the traps too, as it may happen that you will enter and fall into the trap.
also this set of spells is very poor in my opinion so it will need a boost.
I did an additional (Level 2) set of three spells for each group of spells, including the ones from Wizards of Morcar, so that Protection and Detection are now a lot more appetible to players.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » August 31st, 2020, 8:06 am

The spell also says if the hero picks an empty room he may NOT try again.

However if you want to go 1 step further adding value to this spell, you don't have to count shaded areas on the quest map as a room. As the rulebook states, the shaded areas are considered stone. So if the Wizard casts this spell but picks a room that is just a shaded area on the map it does not count as a room and he may try again.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » April 30th, 2021, 9:43 am

lestodante wrote:As you use it to see something that still have to happen (what you'll meet inside once you will enter) I guess you may intend it reveals the traps too, as it may happen that you will enter and fall into the trap.
I did an additional (Level 2) set of three spells for each group of spells, including the ones from Wizards of Morcar, so that Protection and Detection are now a lot more appetible to players.

Where would I find these please?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » April 30th, 2021, 12:19 pm

wallydubbs wrote:The spell also says if the hero picks an empty room he may NOT try again.

However if you want to go 1 step further adding value to this spell, you don't have to count shaded areas on the quest map as a room. As the rulebook states, the shaded areas are considered stone. So if the Wizard casts this spell but picks a room that is just a shaded area on the map it does not count as a room and he may try again.

I'd say that the wizard learning the contents of the first ROOM they select (including traps) is appropriate here. If you pick a room that's empty, tough luck. If you pick a non-room (stone), you haven't picked a room yet. That seems to sort it for me. If Spells of Detection are still seen as not useful, it won't be because of this spell.

Huh, would it show traps that are otherwise not searchable? That would be useful indeed!
<InSpectreRetro> All hail Zargon!!! Morcar only has 1BP.

Rewards:
Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » April 30th, 2021, 1:17 pm

iKarith wrote:I'd say that the wizard learning the contents of the first ROOM they select (including traps) is appropriate here. If you pick a room that's empty, tough luck. If you pick a non-room (stone), you haven't picked a room yet. That seems to sort it for me. If Spells of Detection are still seen as not useful, it won't be because of this spell.

Huh, would it show traps that are otherwise not searchable? That would be useful indeed!

Thank you.

Do you mean like a magical trap? A fire burst trap for instance?
The way I play it, magical traps can only be detected by the Wizard on a Search for Traps action. No other hero can detect them unless the Elf has 5 Mind Points. So in this instance, if Clairvoyance is used by the Wizard , then I think yes, he should be able to detect such traps. But it's up to Morcar.

In like manner I give Spells of Protection a boost too, the Dispell, I allow to disarm magical traps as well.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Sotiris » April 30th, 2021, 2:22 pm

My Clairvoyance version:
If the hero picks a room/corridor on the gameboard that is solid rock that's it, he took his information.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 1st, 2021, 7:59 pm

The Admiral wrote:
lestodante wrote:As you use it to see something that still have to happen (what you'll meet inside once you will enter) I guess you may intend it reveals the traps too, as it may happen that you will enter and fall into the trap.

Where would I find these please?

Tthey are in this post: Wizard MAGIC STAFF: Phoenix, Sea, Stone & Wind (+new spells)
but in Italian, still need translation.
Approssimatively they are (feel free to help with wording):

Trap Reveal: roll a red die, reveal as many traps and secret doors as the result of the die (as the Evil Wizard Player prefers) by placing their tiles (even in unexplored rooms)
Vision: the Evil Wizard Player will cover half of the map on the questbook and the notes, then will show you half of the map. You have 10 second to memorize what you are seeing.
Visual Connection: the Wizard can SEE by the eyes of any other Hero so he can cast spells at a target he cannot see but in the line of sight of another Hero. It is an ability, do NOT discard this card.

they become available to the Wizard once he get the Gem of Telor and other artifacts (discussed in the same post).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 2nd, 2021, 4:41 am

Thanks.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Wizards of Morcar