• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Options for more than 5 players

Discuss the Rules of HeroQuest as set out by Milton Bradley Game Systems and Quest Packs.

Re: Options for more than 5 players

Postby Decipher » July 27th, 2015, 7:03 am

As far as options for playing more than 5 players, we play with the standard 4 originals but also have a female barbarian, cleric and a rogue, who all have their own special abilities different than the originals. I have played with up to 6 players and found it hectic when it comes to small rooms, furniture and monsters. I like to stick to 4 but love the fact I can give players the options to play different characters other than the original ones. When I made the new characters, balance was key and I tried to compliment the other characters also. When it comes to a larger group of players than usual, I usually upgrade the monsters a level, goblins to orcs, orcs to fimirs, skeletons to zombies etc. The cleric has three spells that pertain to resurrection and turning animated monsters, the rogue can move by rolling 3d6 instead of 2d6 and has a backstabbing attack used only once per quest. Both are relatively weak when starting out though. The female barbarian is just a carbon copy of the male barbarian but her attack is 3 and defense is also 3.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby alyndavies » August 7th, 2015, 10:45 am

I guess an option could be trying to pinch ideas off World of warcraft and use the characters abilities in heroquest.
I like the though of a Paladin with 3 holy spells, a healing spell, a resurection spell and an avengers shield attack :)
alyndavies

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » August 14th, 2015, 11:52 am

I managed to get a set of female Heroes put together:

Save for the female Barbarian (who is still wearing a LOT more than her male counterpart), I aimed for models that where not "cheesecake", but still looked distinctively female.

Applogoies for the quality of the photos :P

And because it will come up, my male Heroes:

And a height comparison:

And yes, these are all Reaper minis.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby alyndavies » August 18th, 2015, 4:57 am

Very nice paintwork :)
alyndavies