• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hero Collection II: Rogue Heir of Elethorn (Oct-Dec '22)

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

What do you think of this announcement?

Here we go again
20%
I don't care
8%
Can't wait to pre-order
35%
Can't be real... no it can't be!
No votes
Maybe it will be good
15%
I'll wait for more info...
23%

Total votes : 40

Re: New 'Hero Collection': Rogue Heir of Elethorn (Nov '22)

Postby Blayze » June 9th, 2022, 9:35 am

Kurgan wrote:I wouldn't rely on what the models show

True.

Noticed something interesting, though; Google search results for the SKU and UPC have dried up completely except for Meeple Mart and some website I think might be a forum (Don't want to risk clicking the link), the 401 Games product page has gone bye-bye, and the Universal Distribution product details have vanished aside from the picture.
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby cornixt » June 9th, 2022, 11:12 am

With little armour and weak attacks, those skill cards must have some real meat in them.

The problem with these newer characters is that they often have such unique aspects that upgrading them with new equipment is blocked in some way, or at least barely worth it. This used to only a be a problem with the wizard. Hasbro might have to add some buyable skills to avoid stagnation of character development.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby elvyler » June 9th, 2022, 11:19 am

Oh no! Looks like the 401Games.ca listing came down!

I still have my order confirmation though. We'll see if they actually follow-through on it, or if it gets cancelled.

2022-06-09_11-12-35.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elvyler

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Kurgan » June 9th, 2022, 12:10 pm

Reminds me of the Pledge era when websites would crop up from other countries... then disappear without warning, as if somebody goofed up or jumped the gun in the posting.

So it seems clear that the product is 100% real and 100% coming out this year, and they promise NOT to repeat the mistakes of the Guardian Knights pack, but as to where to buy it? I would wait. I kind of feel bad for your placing a pre-order, but let that be a lesson to everyone feeling the FOMO fever itch creeping up seeing this. Don't fall for it!

Either the thing will be available or it won't be. It won't be worth paying 2x, 3x, etc nor will it be worth waiting 6 months, nor will it be the end of the world if you never get it. I can tell you right now it will be pathetically easy to replicate this with homebrew and no quests will be dependent upon it. The only thing it has going for it is the HeroQuest logo. Most players are getting along just fine without the bard, druid, warlock or knight and they'll do just fine without these rogues (though I'm all in favor of things being AVAILABLE to actual fans who play games not just collectors and scalpers as the Guardian Knights unfortunately fell upon).

And yes I've played with my guardian knights a lot now, but had they never arrived, I would have been fine having plenty of reaper bones figures that can fulfill the same role very easily. I actually have at least one rogue figure (used it as a female Elf).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Blayze » June 9th, 2022, 1:32 pm

elvyler wrote:Oh no! Looks like the 401Games.ca listing came down!

I still have my order confirmation though. We'll see if they actually follow-through on it, or if it gets cancelled.

It's gone from Meeple Mart too, now, but the name and reference codes still point to the site on Google, as opposed to 401 Games which got totalled.
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby j_dean80 » June 9th, 2022, 8:10 pm

Maybe they ran out of preorders. It just said 10+ available.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » June 9th, 2022, 9:20 pm

Not a great start... it sold out before it was announced! I wouldn't get too excited about this, this would be an even bigger fail if they didn't plan for this.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » June 9th, 2022, 9:48 pm

Actually, I think it's possible that this is less about limited pre-orders, and more about AH managing any pre-announcement antics, regardless of good intentions or bad on the part of the retailers.

Per the recent interview reported on in AmalgamAsh's YT Vid, AH went on the record saying that Scalpers will be disappointed by the amount of units being produced, and also said that AH wanted HQ to be accessible so this Character Pack will be a normal retail product.

Since the announcement isn't even due till Gen Con in August, it seems possible that these sites advertising release dates and pre-order dates were asked to remove these references.

It may even be part of the reason AH reached out to Ash, so they could get ahead of the rumor-mills.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » June 9th, 2022, 11:56 pm

Maybe those pagers were scalper bait? They might be geniuses, but it's a lot of guesswork at this time.

I hope for their sake that what we heard is what really happens!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Blayze » June 11th, 2022, 8:39 am

j_dean80 wrote:Maybe they ran out of preorders. It just said 10+ available.

If it was just the retailers running out of preorders, then the distribution website wouldn't have taken the details off their page as well; this is just the Canadian supply chain getting ahead of what Hasbro wants to happen.
Blayze

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items