• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Hunting the Unreleased Quests

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: Failed to playtest

Postby wallydubbs » January 10th, 2019, 9:28 am

So I managed to track down this Skyknight (aka Rodney Perkins) and Richard Borg on BoardGameGeek. Skyknight claims to have the dwarf quest pack, and Borg has confirmed that he worked on the project for the Wizard Quest pack. I'm not sure where Skyknight obtained the copy, I've only received one reply from him thus far, but he doesn't appear to be willing to talk. One site says he has friends in Hasbro, I've yet to ask him about it.

It doesn't appear to be trademark that's keeping them quiet, indeed it's a Non-Disclosure Agreement. Apparently while working on the project they were asked to sign one to prevent any leaks. However, for whatever reason I have yet to learn the project was cut short and/or never released to the public, binding them to this nondisclosure agreement.
Although Hasbro has given up on ever releasing it, even selling the Trademark, the NDA is still binding. Even though Hasbro has since moved on and wouldn't care if they did talk; some corporate exec could always be a dick for no good reason and wave legalities just because they can.

If any new information comes up I'll be sure to post it.

I've also obtained the mailing address of Don Kueker, the artist who actually made the drawings for Mage of the Mirror and the Wizard Quest pack... it's all the way in Missouri. He's got to be in his late 70's/early 80's by now. I'm considering writing a letter, but I'm not sure it'll get me anywhere. His contributions to the project wouldn't've gone beyond art... but I suppose getting samples pictures for the game would be a good form of showcase.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Maurice76 » January 10th, 2019, 11:54 am

wallydubbs wrote:I've also obtained the mailing address of Don Kueker, the artist who actually made the drawings for Mage of the Mirror and the Wizard Quest pack... it's all the way in Missouri. He's got to be in his late 70's/early 80's by now. I'm considering writing a letter, but I'm not sure it'll get me anywhere. His contributions to the project wouldn't've gone beyond art... but I suppose getting samples pictures for the game would be a good form of showcase.

I'd write him. If you never shoot, you'll never hit a mark, after all. Would be nice if he'd respond :).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » January 10th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Yes write! He'll either be "oh that again" or it'll be a nice surprise of something long forgotten.

Imagine learning of something you did such a long time ago still standing strong. Especially considering the prices those expansions get. He might not even know. What with all the projects he's probably been involved in, that art could of been a simple passing.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » January 11th, 2019, 8:18 am

Alright, I'll write him a letter tonight when I get off work.

Would anybody like to add input on what to say to him?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm

yes, me! Sayd him that I have technology to scan and 3D print the prototypes he has.
Because he wanted to make normal size figures from the 4ups he has. He will understand.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » January 11th, 2019, 8:23 pm

lestodante wrote:yes, me! Sayd him that I have technology to scan and 3D print the prototypes he has.
Because he wanted to make normal size figures from the 4ups he has. He will understand.

I suppose I would have to ask him first if indeed he has the prototypes... have you heard from Taco that he does?

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 12th, 2019, 6:09 am

I think we are totally off topic now... some mod should split in two this post because this one was intentionally created to discuss about playtesting BQP and EQP.
The new topic could be "Hunting the Unreleased Quest Packs". Or maybe just modifiy this topic title.

Anyway, here is the answer.

chatbbgskynight.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » January 12th, 2019, 12:10 pm

lestodante wrote:I think we are totally off topic now... some mod should split in two this post because this one was intentionally created to discuss about playtesting BQP and EQP.
The new topic could be "Hunting the Unreleased Quest Packs". Or maybe just modifiy this topic title.

Anyway, here is the answer.

chatbbgskynight.jpg

I've already tried talking to SkyKnight about that but he doesn't appear to be replying anymore. He won't talk about it and told me to seek out TacoKing for questions.

What I was asking is pertaining to the letter to Don Kueker, the artist. I don't think he'd have a copy of the game, just photos. I started the letter but haven't finished.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » January 12th, 2019, 6:13 pm

ok, but he's Toco, not Taco... :lol:
Don Kueker shouln't have the game as I know. He only painted sketches and, probably, the artwork.

Rewards:
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby wallydubbs » January 12th, 2019, 7:53 pm

That's the point I was making. I don't think Kueker would have a copy, yet I've been encouraged to write him. I'm practically done with the letter, but I was asking if anyone wanted to add anything.

Anyway, like I said, SkyKnight doesn't appear to be replying, but Richard Borg was kind enough to reply more then once. But he said the same thing "Nondisclosure Agreement."

You can try your luck with Skyknight on Boardgamegeek, maybe your words will have a better effect.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items