• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

PROPHECY OF TELOR discussion

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: PROPHECY OF TELOR discussion

Postby SirRick » February 10th, 2024, 9:07 pm

I started PoT before TFH. It just makes more sense and the reward for finishing it will help getting through the tough quest packs. The difficulty is a little easier than KK or RotWL in my opinion, but I will also say since the last update in the companion app, monsters don’t behave properly, so it could make the difficulty a little easier than it should be.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Vorimir » February 11th, 2024, 4:31 am

Yead, I think the idea is playing POT before the big hits (FH, MOTM) and kust after Core game or after KK or ROTWL.
But I got it for Crhistmas and we already have played almost everything XD
So POT will need extra work from my part to make it a challenge. I like the idea of an easiest one but as written thwy will steamroml through it.
Vorimir

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby SirRick » February 11th, 2024, 7:36 am

I noticed from playing PoT (finished Quest 11 yesterday) there are a lot of empty rooms. This helps build suspense because the story and what you are doing is quite interesting. I think the empty rooms are to also account for the number of wandering monsters you can draw while searching. I think a lot of people don’t realize this when designing quests (such as FH and MotM for example). From my experience about a third or more of the total monsters I fight are wandering monsters. It takes a heavy toll if they are Abominations or Dread Warriors. Most often in this pack though the wandering monster seems to be an Orc or Zombie, so they are not that difficult to deal with unless you roll very poorly. Since your players played through the hard quest packs already, the empty rooms give you a lot to work with when finding ways to increase the difficulty.

Rewards:
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby SirRick » February 17th, 2024, 5:51 pm

I finished Quests 12 and 13, and there were some things that I found odd. In quest 12 the placement of the falling rock traps could make finishing the quest impossible. With a Dwarf, its unlikely but it could still happen. The addition of Gawr seemed incomplete. There were a lot of Dread Warriors, so his help was useful, but when the quest is over you never know what happens to him. It appears he can search for treasure in the app, but I didn’t attempt it. I did have him search for traps and secret doors though.

In the final quest, the Zargon’s Flame mechanic was interesting. The final boss also had a weird mechanic that could technically cause him to kill himself instantly without any fight. He also is under the Zargon’s Flame rule, meaning it only takes 1 BP of damage to kill him.

I really liked the ending of this quest pack. I would like to learn more about the Council mentioned at the end. This nice ending was abrupt however, and makes me wonder if Stephen Baker will have a sequel eventually. Mentor’s words at the end also seem fitting if you play this pack before the hero themed quest packs, despite this supposed to be happening later in the official quest order.

Rewards:
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Vorimir » February 18th, 2024, 1:03 pm

I got the "Power dice" from Aliexpress and I´ll use them with monsters under Zargon´s flame to make them really strong. THose dices are almost the same color from the ones in the box and they have those sides: 2x 2 skulls, 1 skull, 2 white shields, 1 black shield, 2 black shields. That will make last missions more challenging for my advanced heroes.
Vorimir

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:

Postby Aki » February 20th, 2024, 3:21 am

After FH I would play PoT (if someone survive :D ), but I no idea which Heroes choose, I think is a Wizard theme expansion and my last idea is Druid (if AtOH arrive in time) Bard, Wizard and Warlock, but my Talisman bearer is the Barbarian, I'd like to test the Monk and I haven't used the Dwarf in a long time, only Barbarian and Wizard are veterans, the other are rookies (the Dwarf is dead)

Can you help me? No spoiler please, thank you
Aki

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:

Postby Kurgan » February 20th, 2024, 10:34 am

Cliffhanger endings and loose ends in HeroQuest are the designers' way of asking, "and what do YOU think happens next?"

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 21st, 2024, 6:22 pm

SirRick wrote:I finished Quests 12 and 13, and there were some things that I found odd. In quest 12 the placement of the falling rock traps could make finishing the quest impossible. With a Dwarf, its unlikely but it could still happen. The addition of Gawr seemed incomplete. There were a lot of Dread Warriors, so his help was useful, but when the quest is over you never know what happens to him. It appears he can search for treasure in the app, but I didn’t attempt it. I did have him search for traps and secret doors though.

In the final quest, the Zargon’s Flame mechanic was interesting. The final boss also had a weird mechanic that could technically cause him to kill himself instantly without any fight. He also is under the Zargon’s Flame rule, meaning it only takes 1 BP of damage to kill him.

I really liked the ending of this quest pack. I would like to learn more about the Council mentioned at the end. This nice ending was abrupt however, and makes me wonder if Stephen Baker will have a sequel eventually. Mentor’s words at the end also seem fitting if you play this pack before the hero themed quest packs, despite this supposed to be happening later in the official quest order.

I'd have to agree with you on Zargon's Flame, a Dread Warrior could die from 1BP of damage if you pick the wrong number. I found playing through this that Zargon's Flame can indeed be more helpful to the heroes.
I was a little confused about Fellmarak's stats, having 0 BP?
This confused me, are the heroes unable to harm him?
I just recently replayed the last quest and the Bard doused a skeleton with Holy Water, the Wizard moved into position and cast Lightning Bolt straight across through the monsters standing in a straight line in that room, looking something like this : :skeleton: :mummy: :gargoyle: :mummy: :wizard:
All monsters were hit and I guessed the wrong numbers on all of them! This left Fellmarak with all the heroes and I wasn't sure if they were able to kill him or I had to wait until the Escape spell came up...

The ending was pretty good, but then the Dark Clouds set in and I was left wondering... "Wait, what's going on?" I'll have to ask Steven Baker when I meet him.

I don't know if any of you guys remember Dungeons of Hope... I attended it two years ago (wasn't able to make it last year). Stephen Baker was supposed to be in attendance, but called out at the last minute due to illness.
Well the guy that runs Dungeons of Hope emailed me out of the blue the other day and invited me to meet Stephen Baker for a playtest. I was too excited to even ask what the game would be. But in a follow-up e mail I asked him, he said it was similar to HeroQuest but more advanced. I told him I'd love to attend. I probably won't get an in depth interview with Baker but hopefully I'll have a moment to talk with him and ask him to sign the rulebook.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » February 21st, 2024, 8:47 pm

similar to HeroQuest but more advanced

IS THAT A CLUE??? ADVANCED HEROQUEST IS COMING BACK???

J/k, I have no idea. And he had nothing to do with the original AHQ (which doesn't mean he would have nothing to do with a possible remake, but again I'm grasping at straws here).

Congrats, and hope you enjoy the meeting, you lucky so-and-so.. ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby SirRick » February 21st, 2024, 11:57 pm

In the companion app, all monsters under Zargon’s Flame have 0 BP, including the boss, so he can die with one hit like everything else.

As a fun note, in the final battle, my Elf charged into the room and cast Hypnotic Blaze (yes, I was using the Elf spells before MotM for fun). The spell worked automatically on all the undead creatures in the room. I found this amusng and made the final fight really easy.

Rewards:
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items