• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Thoughts on the New Warlock Hero?

Discuss Miscellaneous HeroQuest Merchandise not fitting into any of the above categories.

Re: Thoughts on the New Warlock Hero?

Postby wallydubbs » January 14th, 2023, 6:30 pm

lestodante wrote:Just seeing last twitter post and noticed few similarities beetween the two. :o
Could Millandriell have been turned into the Warlock by some dark force?
Maybe later the plot will develop furher?

I was just considering using the Warlock figurine as Millabdreal for Mage of the Mirror, as I don't care for the whole "tile" token they've decided to go with.
MotM had a lot more fixing potential in terms artifacts, spells and gameplay. Instead of all the extra furniture and she-elf archers/warriors, getting rid of the tiles for Millabdreal, the Elven prospector and werewolves and replacing them with actual figurines would've been better.

I think all they did in terms of fixing was address the empty chest problem and adding in the Elven Bracers. Though I think they most certainly should have made a card for the Elven Chainmail.

However I'm open to altering the story, where some ritual was taking place to possess Millabdriel, but it was interrupted by the heroes. Because the heroes interrupt the ritual the possession could not be complete, so Millabdriel was left in control imbued with some of the demonic powers.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nlinindoll » January 14th, 2023, 6:59 pm

HispaZargon wrote:I always thought the Warlock was a halfling or similar, not an elf like Millandriell, but maybe you would be right, good catch!!

On the original HasbroPulse campaign, the original designer of the Warlock character, Shauna Nakasone confirmed that the Warlock is a Halfling. You can still see it towards the bottom of the page in the “Guest Designers” section at https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system
Nlinindoll

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby HispaZargon » January 14th, 2023, 7:35 pm

Yes, you are right!

So my mind did not fail me:

Screenshot_20230115-003207_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby LucaRocks » March 26th, 2023, 8:08 am

Great thread guys! One of my group has been using the Warlock and liking her but now that we are on Quest 8 of the OG quests, he realizes that she will be limited going forward. I will point him to this thread. Some good points for him to think about before he starts with a new character. Thanks again guys!
LucaRocks

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:

Postby wallydubbs » March 27th, 2023, 11:28 am

I started a campaign by shuffling all the hero cards together (3 Barbarians, 3 Elves, 3 Wizards, 2 Dwarves, 2 Rogues, 1 Bard, 1Druid, 1 Warlock) and drawing them randomly I started with the Female Barbarian, the Druid, MotM Elf, and the Warlock. As much as I don't like the half written story of the Bard and Warlock I need to admit that the Trial probably wouldn't have been successful without the Warlock.
Asides from her healing spells the Druid was the least useful.

Although the Elf was killed the Barbarian barely survived the onslaught in the middle room taking on a Chaos Warrior and Orc while the Gargoyle gave chase to the Warlock and Druid. It was the Warlock's range attack that killed Verag and multiple other monsters. I find her to be a workable character but there's not much she can do in close combat and can't gain armor past the Bracers.

Unfortunately the Warlock didn't make it out of the Trial, despite being such an influential hero. After defeating Verag the 3 remaining heroes ventured to Felmarg's tomb.
Due to a poor movement roll in an attempt to retreat the Guardian of Felmarg's tomb cornered her while Barbarian and Druid were blocked from helping by a Zombie that stood in the doorway.
The Druid and Barbarian went on to complete the quest and found a new (Female) Elf and (Female) Wizard to join their next quest.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous HeroQuest Items