• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lurchbrick's HeroQuest module for VASSAL

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Lurchbrick's HeroQuest module for VASSAL

Postby Daedalus » March 27th, 2013, 1:45 pm

A Vassal game is mostly inconvenient for me, as I'm based in Taiwan.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby CVel » February 12th, 2014, 7:22 pm

Hey, first of all, Lurchbrick the module is absolutely great!
I started to play with it yesterday and it was amazing!

I have some questions, though. Can I add something to it? Like Equipment Cards?
I would like to add another type of dice too. I think it should be more complicated to do, but if it is possible, I would like to try.

Furthermore, I have nothing else to "complain" but the few traps missing, already mentioned.

Great job!
CVel

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:

Postby LurchBrick » February 13th, 2014, 1:54 am

Yes, you can add anything to the module that you wish as an extension. That way you can just pass around to your players the new additions you've made and everyone would not have to redownload the entire module.

Or you can give me a list of enhancements to add to the main module and I can add them in myself. I now have some time to do this as I see there have been some outstanding requests that I've forgotten about. ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby CVel » February 13th, 2014, 11:28 am

Great!

How can I add things? I have to start edit mode, right? And then what? How can I add card, i.e.?

And I can give you a list, but it could take a while, because I create somethings… I wrote them down, and it has 8 pages =P
But why it could take a while, after all? Because I'm brazilian and it is all in portuguese, so I have to translate it to give to you. I don't know if you're really interested on all of it. I create some equipment, weapon's upgrades, character evolution, habilities, bonus, etc.

I'll see what could be interesting to give to you, translate and then send it to you as soon as possible, ok?

Meanwhile, I want to add somethings by myself.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm really glad =]
I was thinking that maybe I would get no response after all, by all the time that has been passed since last post.
CVel

Hero:

Postby LurchBrick » February 13th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Yes, you need to use edit mode. The simplest way to create a card would be to copy one that already exists and use that as a template.

For details on how to use the Vassal program, either read the documentation or go to http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/ and ask for specific details there. Just use some trial and error and hopefully you'll work things out.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby CVel » February 13th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Yeah, thanks!
I've found in this afternoon and tried somethings already. They're working =]

Something you're interested in? Weapons, maybe? I'll translate somethings that I've made and send them to you, ok?
CVel

Hero:

Postby LurchBrick » February 13th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Please do send them and I'll see about placing them into the main module.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LurchBrick » February 14th, 2014, 9:06 am

drathe: I had a look back through this thread and saw your suggestions for improvements, such as:

Markers for the teleport trap A & B squares.
Marker for the Hurricane trap and the X mark for its trigger square.
Separate trigger and trap markers for the swinging blade (allowing them to be placed in other directions, such as diagonally, or have the trigger be the middle square, etc.)

Are you able to provide me with the appropriate graphics for these requests? I can then add them to the module in the next update.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
LurchBrick

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 14th, 2014, 11:02 pm

LurchBrick wrote:drathe: I had a look back through this thread and saw your suggestions for improvements, such as:

Markers for the teleport trap A & B squares.
Marker for the Hurricane trap and the X mark for its trigger square.
Separate trigger and trap markers for the swinging blade (allowing them to be placed in other directions, such as diagonally, or have the trigger be the middle square, etc.)

Are you able to provide me with the appropriate graphics for these requests? I can then add them to the module in the next update.

Yes. I can do that.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Bob-Bob » June 18th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Sorry to bump a thread from so long ago, but I have a few queries/suggestions myself.

- All the cards are set to the US version of the game by default. How come there isn't a way to change them to the European version of the game, if somebody wanted to play using European rules?
- How come the Morcar/Zargon player doesn't have a way to look through/alter the Treasure Deck outside of drawing all the cards one by one?
- Some of the Treasure Cards from the European version are missing. Were there ever plans to add these?
- I think the inventory windows should include an actual character sheet, for completeness' sake. Maybe allow an option for the US or European character sheets if one wants.
- The public Notes window is a bit problematic since any player can be a wad to the Morcar/Zargon player and erase what he's written or something like that. I think maybe there should be an option to publicly display the notes page but not allow other players to edit them.
Bob-Bob

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics