• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Expanded HQ Universe

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: W's Expanded HQ Universe

Postby j_dean80 » January 25th, 2020, 8:43 pm

Remember, just cause no one posts it doesn’t mean no one is viewing and enjoying. Just hard to add to all this great work with a “crummy” post.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » January 25th, 2020, 11:52 pm

j_dean80 wrote:Remember, just cause no one posts it doesn’t mean no one is viewing and enjoying. Just hard to add to all this great work with a “crummy” post.

Ahhh thanks Jdean! Thats nice to hear! :)

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 29th, 2020, 12:16 am

I love how you present your things together with a nice environment in the photo.

But it's true that often I read the forums on the mobile phone and then it flies by like in facebook - I shall take a minute more and post my opinion here!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » January 29th, 2020, 3:10 am

Interesting thing about posts. Research shows that the desire to check if reply posts or likes are made is driven by the release of seratonin in the brain. Studies are finding when one finds that someone has replied or likes one of their posts, the seratonin release to the brain is analogous to the same release of seratonin with cocaine, sex and alchohol consumption. Thus, in itself the drive to check if anyone is responding is sometimes being driven by a psuedo addiction if you will.
That's not to say i dont check and see if anyone has checked my topics or commented on my posts such as the truckload of cards i made. I'm guilty as the next guy looking for my seratonin buzz.

Anyway, pardon my foray into neuroscience, it is part of my field of profession. Maybe others will find it interesting and comment on it, giving me that seratonin fix as well :D
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » January 29th, 2020, 9:50 am

DullandRusty wrote:Interesting thing about posts. Research shows that the desire to check if reply posts or likes are made is driven by the release of seratonin in the brain. Studies are finding when one finds that someone has replied or likes one of their posts, the seratonin release to the brain is analogous to the same release of seratonin with cocaine, sex and alchohol consumption. Thus, in itself the drive to check if anyone is responding is sometimes being driven by a psuedo addiction if you will.
That's not to say i dont check and see if anyone has checked my topics or commented on my posts such as the truckload of cards i made. I'm guilty as the next guy looking for my seratonin buzz.

Anyway, pardon my foray into neuroscience, it is part of my field of profession. Maybe others will find it interesting and comment on it, giving me that seratonin fix as well :D

Yeah totally! Its a super interesting topic!! That serotonin kick is what instagram and facebook are build on. I recently got rid of it. Unloggin from the slavery of the digital matrix :lol :lol: : I am doing hypnotherapy as part of my profession, neuroscience is superfascinating!

and of course....I like the fix too :lol: :lol:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » January 29th, 2020, 10:07 am

Anderas wrote:I love how you present your things together with a nice environment in the photo.

But it's true that often I read the forums on the mobile phone and then it flies by like in facebook - I shall take a minute more and post my opinion here!

Thanks man, I love to take pictures and build small environments around it! I realized lately that I probably watched too many old Ray Harryhausen movies as a kid! You know the ones where they used stop motion technique with modells.

Or later Jacksons Lord of the Rings. I ve watched a making of LotR the other day and I understood why I loved the first three because they all used models and created this super magical world by actually filming real miniature environments instead of just using CGI, which you unconsciously pick up as fake no matter how "good" it is. The hobbit is the worst example of that, looked like a videogame. :skeleton: :zombie: :mummy:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » January 29th, 2020, 6:18 pm

First fire elemental miniature! Love this sculpt, I tried to achieve a fire effect. I dont know if I am finished or if I should add more yellow highlights...ahhh decisions :lol:

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » January 29th, 2020, 6:27 pm

All of this is sick and wicked.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » January 29th, 2020, 8:39 pm

I would probably add some yellow, maybe some blue if you want it really hot.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » January 29th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Looks great bud! I would add a little flourescent yellow and maybe a little flourescent orange in but i love is still. Love seeing your builds!
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics