• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Whitebeard's Projects

Discuss other HeroQuest expansion topics that do not fit into the above categories.

Re: Whitebeard's Projects

Postby Anderas » June 27th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Now i am getting jealous. :shock: :) |_P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby whitebeard » July 15th, 2018, 4:35 pm

I searched Thingiverse a few days for "HeroQuest" and found some new additions.

There are now high resolution scans of the 4 heroes and the three undead. These are MUCH better than what I had found out there in the past. For example, here is the link to the barbarian.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2964376

They are blatant copyright violations, so I grabbed them all even though I have no plans to print them out (as eventually they may get taken down).

I am however one Barbarian short of two full sets so I printed him out. He looks fantastic and without a side-by-side comparison, I was hard pressed to find any defects in my print. I printed him without the base and just made a North American type base for him.

After mounting him I got out my box and discovered he was ~2mm shorter at the top of the head than the original (he must be the barbarian's little brother). I'm printing a scaled up version right now and will post pictures when I have the final print.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » July 15th, 2018, 10:18 pm

The Barbarians:

barbarians.jpg

I still have some clean-up to do, those rough bits on the undersides are residual tags from the "supports" and they scrape off easily with the back side of a modeling knife (not sharp side). The white plastic color makes them very hard to see in person.

The base also needs a bit more sanding.

He printed with a bent sword (it is bent in the scan). It will never match the original as there is a minor bit of rotation / distortion in the area of the hands on the scan. However I was able to hold it really close to my desk lamp while pushing it straight and got it just about right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » July 15th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Once you paint them no one would even notice.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » July 16th, 2018, 12:43 am

They are awesome!
I just imagined a game with barbarians only, and morcar uses the sleep spell. Or control. :D

Say, is it easy to manipulate the models after download? Currently I don't paint my men-at-arms because the originals have some strange faces, instead I am looking for alternative models.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » July 16th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Anderas wrote:Say, is it easy to manipulate the models after download? Currently I don't paint my men-at-arms because the originals have some strange faces, instead I am looking for alternative models.

Unfortunately it is not easy. You need to learn to use a tool such as Blender. If you knew how to use that, it would be a simple matter to clean up defects and swap body parts. I looked into it for another project, but I decided to work on something else.

I can make most any machine part in CAD, but sculpting tools are completely different.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » July 17th, 2018, 12:35 am

Ok thanks.
I had some contact with tools like CAD when I was a student. Now if you say it's another thing entirely then I better keep my hands off. |_P

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Thantos » July 17th, 2018, 4:35 am

Oo i need to hire this guy for scanning! These are some of the best detail miniature scans i have seen. And we have been testing dental scanners :D

I can adjust the sword if you like :) They are easy enough to edit simple things on an STL
http://www.zealotminiatures.com
Models. Plastic Injection. Resin Casting. High Res 3D Printing . Macro 3D Scanning .

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Thantos

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » July 17th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Thantos wrote:Oo i need to hire this guy for scanning! These are some of the best detail miniature scans i have seen. And we have been testing dental scanners :D

I can adjust the sword if you like :) They are easy enough to edit simple things on an STL

Thank you Thanos. I'm good, mine bent straight right away. But there are requests to fix this on Thingiverse, so a fixed remix is in demand.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

Postby whitebeard » July 17th, 2018, 8:01 pm

My latest craft appears on the TCG Guild Build video and I'm a finalist again!!! Check it out, you'll never guess which one is mine. :D
https://youtu.be/XcHxQmIbn0Q
Don't forget to vote on the community tab.

Rewards:
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Other Expansion Topics