• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Which cardboard backing to use for custom tiles?

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Which cardboard backing to use for custom tiles?

Postby Thor-in » October 2nd, 2019, 3:19 pm

Something dawned on me the other day at work and this is the first time I have gotten a change to present it.

We use a type of self stick paper at work for some of our forms. I was thinking why couldn't we use this stuff for creating tiles or even cards if your savey enough to line everything up right when printing. Then attach it to cardboard or card stock your choose of course.

I attached a screenshot of the stuff we us, the only problem I see is it's expensive crap.

Capture 0000.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Which cardboard backing to use for custom tiles?

Postby Kurgan » January 20th, 2021, 11:17 pm

As much fun as a I had making my homebrew tiles (and for big or oddly shaped ones, this is still the cheapest way!), I decided to try getting some professionally printed (single and double size tiles as well as some experimental round tokens and character cards).

You can find my efforts here.

Overall I'm very happy with the results, and while these are still unpunched, I store the completed ones in "postage stamp collector" plastic sheets (still a slight danger of them slipping out if they aren't tucked in there a few at a time... the thinner they are the more you need, OR you put them in those plastic sheets that have a "fold over" pocket at the top to close it).

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous