• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Chaos Pit / Stone Bridge (remake from Ogre Horde)

Discuss Tile creation and share Tiles you've created.

Re: Chaos Pit / Stone Bridge (remake from Ogre Horde)

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » February 24th, 2018, 5:37 am

Hi !

For a grid on an external tile, maybe you can use this kind of design (that tile is a test for now) the grid is a part of the ground. There is no real natural effect, but some part of the ground is covering some part of the grid, or you can make some little cross at the intersection of each square instead of complete squares.

Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sparkymark » February 24th, 2018, 7:17 am

Good idea to remove that ghastly grid. Mmmm, maybe i should have a go at a 3d version....

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Sparkymark

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 24th, 2018, 10:42 am

I'm planning this style for my flocked forest/path and stepstoned swamp/cave 2.5 D tiles.
It doesn't look bad and conveys everything needed.
Realism is not a goal in itself, else you would have to buil a diorama for each and every situation and dungeon, which is ridiculous.
I want it to look good as a playing piece and I'll use the usual modelling and natural materials, but that tile there from Valnar looks like I plan my tiles to look when photographed, including the grid.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » February 24th, 2018, 1:20 pm

That grid is nice. I would make it more random and erase 1/3 of the crossing marks.

Ideally we get an artist involved and design petterns in the grass Trample marks, roots, crab grass, run-off, dirt, etc, to give it a deliberate look of movement squares without a grid at all. The dungeon flag stones makes this easy. MUCH more challenging in the wild to pull this off
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » February 24th, 2018, 3:06 pm

whitebeard wrote:That grid is nice. I would make it more random and erase 1/3 of the crossing marks.

Ideally we get an artist involved and design petterns in the grass Trample marks, roots, crab grass, run-off, dirt, etc, to give it a deliberate look of movement squares without a grid at all. The dungeon flag stones makes this easy. MUCH more challenging in the wild to pull this off

You're right, I'll try to get a better effect with your advice
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » February 25th, 2018, 9:59 am

I had in mind to try an effect like in this Dragonstrike board, where the grass is used to create the grid:

DragonStrikegrass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » June 10th, 2019, 9:33 am

Maybe that kind of grid ?

Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » June 11th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Yes, approssimatively! Now, if I could have 60 hours per day instead of only 24...

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » June 12th, 2019, 8:01 am

lestodante wrote:Yes, approssimatively! Now, if I could have 60 hours per day instead of only 24...

Why ? I could share it, in PNG pic with transparancy. All you'll have to do is to put it on your maps. ;)
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gav_el » September 30th, 2019, 12:55 pm

wow that is brilliant, I agree with the exterior tile being a nightmare to pull off, I tried to turn it into a 3D diorama once and ended up loosing the tile as a result. would love to see more tiles done this way.
Gav_el

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Tiles