• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Messing around with HeroForge

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Messing around with HeroForge

Postby Kurgan » January 22nd, 2021, 5:16 am

So, this isn't an ad for the site... their miniatures are very expensive, and the style may not be to everyone's taste. But there are a lot of options. For $8 you can get a downloadable STL file, which is the cheapest option, and print it yourself (for the same price you can create a model that imports into TableTop Simulator on Steam but can't be printed). The most expensive option is to have it printed in polished bronze for $100!

Attached are some attempts at various characters. I did get one miniature printed by them in "colored plastic" and it wasn't worth it. Way too expensive (nearly $45) for rather drab colors (ended up painting over it anyway). The square bases are 1 inch square, and the round bases are slightly smaller.

(And yes, the first examples are attempts at creating alternates for the Hasbro fall Remake!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kurgan on January 22nd, 2021, 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Messing around with HeroForge

Postby Kurgan » January 22nd, 2021, 5:19 am

More examples...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » January 22nd, 2021, 5:21 am

More...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » January 22nd, 2021, 5:43 am

Last batch... (first is the STL file preview, since color information doesn't get saved)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » January 22nd, 2021, 7:17 am

I play on there often with designs. I’ve ordered 4 minis, including 1 in color. The color was way more drab then I was expecting. As far as their minis matching up with HQ: height wise you can get them the same, but they’re a LOT thinner than HQ models. I ordered the opposite genders of the new Heroes for the new HasbroQuest.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » January 22nd, 2021, 7:49 am

Also be careful about the external bits. I notice a lot of the weapons are "oversize" but the figure I printed had a pistol in hand, pointed upward... I dropped it once and it happened to land on the gun and instantly snapped it right off. So I guess similar to a resin printed figure. The print lines on it were very small, and there was some kind of almost airbrush looking glaze over it. But yeah, any tiny bits that stick off are vulnerable even though it's plastic.

You can do a lot of adjustments, it's true. I still find myself wishing there were more armors and weapons to choose from, but they seem to be making their money by doing kickstarters to unlock more options. For example, there's a cutlass type sword you can have sticking into the base, but not held in your character's hand!

They also sell D&D style dice sets, but sadly not many options, just plastic or metal and some basic colors... more of an afterthought really. This is definitely not a site designed for "army building" but more so you can have a totally unique character miniature at your gaming session. Then again with your own 3d printer, you can buy the file once and print and paint as many as you want, in theory. It's a luxury item.

I had a lot more fun browsing the Reaper Bones catalog, looking for some figure that would inspire me to develop it into a character.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Miniatures