• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Panchos' Spring Collection

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Panchos' Spring Collection

Postby lestodante » March 21st, 2019, 4:49 pm

arch8ngel wrote:Hopefully someone recognizes them.

She's part of a 3 figures blister, named Wizards 122 from the Fantasy Lords range by Grenadier; her code under the base is "A23".
Try searching "Grenadier A23" or "Grenadier 122" or "Grenadier Wizards" |_P

Grenadier-Fantasy-Lords-Metal-Miniatures-Wizards-Blister-Card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby arch8ngel » March 21st, 2019, 5:23 pm

lestodante wrote:

She's part of a 3 figures blister, named Wizards 122 from the Fantasy Lords range by Grenadier; her code under the base is "A23".

I thought she looked familiar. I have been digging through the old manufacturers lately, and Mirliton SG (current holder of Grenadier molds/rights) is one I have spent some time on. (also possible I saw them listed as raw Grenadier miniatures on a consolidated site like Noble Knight)

For that matter, the Barbarian Elder looks like a mod of one of the other guys in that same blister pack.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby lestodante » March 21st, 2019, 5:52 pm

Barbarian Elder is from another range, considering the base it should be a very old model, but it's not Grenadier

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby arch8ngel » March 21st, 2019, 5:55 pm

lestodante wrote:Barbarian Elder is from another range, considering the base it should be a very old model, but it's not Grenadier

Yeah, now that I look at them side by side, it would have been a bit much to do that mod!

Given his hand position (and opening) seems like he's probably some kind of historical pikeman or standard-bearer.

(and I'm surprised there isn't a maker-mark of some kind on the bottom of his base that would give us a better clue)
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Pancho » March 22nd, 2019, 4:23 am

lestodante wrote:

Good find Dante, you da man!
I love seeing those old blister packs. The other two wizards look very cool too.
What's more, my "elf princess" seems to be available on her own for a low price too https://picclick.co.uk/WIZARD-A23-Warha ... 04490.html

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 22nd, 2019, 7:31 am

A few more. Most of these had damaged/missing weapons when I found them and I decided to give them some love;

This model had both a halberd (snapped) and a shield originally. I've tried to find out exactly what this model is because I think its a really close match for the HQ mercenaries and I've found a way to position all of the mercenary weapons on him. I would love to get some more.

These guys are Advanced Heroquest mercenaries, with a different type of Warhammer halberdier to the right.

Then we have updated models for the four Heroes I'll now be using for The Chronicles of Sir Ragnar; from left to right Sneeks the scout, Sir Ragnar, Sarymoor the crossbowman and Garmin the swordsman.

The guy on the right would also make a decent mercenary captain/master man-at-arms.

I'm flying through these at the moment. Next up its the Orcs, which I'm really looking forward to painting.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » March 22nd, 2019, 7:47 am

Painted is better than not! And yours are not too bad! :-)

What are those not-heroquest-mercenaries? Those that you use as alternative heroes?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 25th, 2019, 6:17 am

Anderas wrote:Painted is better than not! And yours are not too bad! :-)

What are those not-heroquest-mercenaries? Those that you use as alternative heroes?

That's high praise indeed! :)

I'm not sure where most of these models came from. Like I said to Arch8ngel, they are random pieces I picked up from table-top sellers and so forth.

I have finally figured out that some of them are Battlemasters figures;
These Battle Masters halberdiers are what I used for the alternative mercenaries, and the unit captain in the middle of this photo (not my photo or my models), which is itself a conversion from a Battle Masters cannon crew officer, is the model I used as a starting point for my Sir Ragnar.
So I used an unconverted figure but then converted it myself, rather than converting the already converted figure in the photo that I never owned. Confused? You should be.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » April 4th, 2019, 6:38 am

I wasn't happy with my previous attempt at Sir Ragnar as he was really squat and stumpy looking. So I extended his legs and painted his hair and beard black in order to better match his incarcerated self on the left. I think they are quite a close match. Now I just need a model to represent the fallen, traitorous Ragnar who serves Morcar, and I'll have a complete set.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » April 4th, 2019, 6:39 am

And here is Grak in all his green glory!

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures