• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Panchos' Spring Collection

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Panchos' Spring Collection

Postby Pancho » March 19th, 2019, 9:39 am

With Spring almost sprung the urge to start painting my HQ stuff has bitten once again. It might be a little optimistic but I'm hoping to get this entire lot painted over the next few months.
Most of them have been put on homemade bases to (sort of) match the official figures. Massive kudos will be given to any enthusiasts who can identify these models, as I am not even sure about most of them myself. I'll post close up pictures for each as I go. It would actually help me out a lot to correctly identify some of them, as I might need to get a few more.

A couple more here. Ogres from ATOH that I converted (quite badly) some years ago, and could now do with some TLC. In particular the sword arm of the ogre on the left needs extending in order to match his other arm, and the messy fellow on the right needs to have his bloody bib altered.

Stay tuned for regular updates. You can also check out my progress, as well as my other HQ related stuff on the blog;
https://highadventureinaworldofmagic.bl ... erapy.html
Last edited by Pancho on March 19th, 2019, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Panchos' Spring Collection

Postby Pancho » March 19th, 2019, 10:04 am

Quick inventory of what I already know about the guys above;

Moving from top left to bottom right -
1) 2x regular mercs (plus a pile of merc weapons that need painting)
2) Empire soldier that looks remarkably like a HW merc, so much so that I removed the arms and drilled a hole so that it will take each of the four weapon types.
3) Empire officer type, weapons converted.
4) 2x Advanced HQ mercs, I've added new weapons due to damage sustained previous to purchase.
5) Empire halberdier (I know this one as I've had this figure since my teens. No idea where his mates are).
6) Another empire guy that I'll use as a merc. HQ scout shield & sword was added by me.
7) 2x "mimic monsters" that I bought recently (Noldur's Marvellous Miniatures).
8) Metal Empire Crossbowman.
9) Plastic Empire soldier with HQ scout equipment added by me.
10) 3 large plastic orcs that I plan to use as black orcs.
11) the 4 Advanced Heroquest heroes (the first in line has been heavily converted as it had suffered a lot of damage prior to me getting my hands on it).
12) Warhammer 40,000 Orc? to which I have added a new arm and shoulder armour. Better photo to follow.
13) partially off photo, metal figure that I might use for the barbarian tribal elder you must rescue in FH.
14) Metal proncess, I plan to use this for the Elven Princess you must rescue in MotM.
15) Dwarf with axe.
16) Assassin/Thief???.
17) Female wizard that I bought recently (Noldur's Marvellous Miniatures).
18) Dwarf with hammer & shield.
19) Elf/Ranger?? I added the shield (better photo to follow).
20) Elf archer?? converted to be a Female Barbarian with added shield and sword, better photo to follow as I am pretty pleased how this one came out.
21) HQ Dwarf conversion.

22) - and a Metal elf archer difficult to see but stood to the right of the pile of weapons, with plastic dark elf legs (I'll post a mush better pic later.
Last edited by Pancho on March 20th, 2019, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby lestodante » March 19th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Please show better that n. 21 HQ Dwarf conversion with a hammer, it looks very good!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » March 20th, 2019, 2:08 am

i used that same warhammer orc (12) for Ulag. I just fut out the but and top of the gun that is normally in his right hand and happened to come across a second one of the mini in a free paint and take at a game shop so I cut the axe off the left hand of the second one and put it in the R hand where the gun was. Now my Ulag dual wields axes ans looks more menacing as he has the warlord armor/helm.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » March 20th, 2019, 9:12 am

lestodante wrote:Please show better that n. 21 HQ Dwarf conversion with a hammer, it looks very good!

Hi Dante, thanks for taking a look. I'm actually not sure about this one yet. I have heard other people say that's its a difficult model to convert, and now I agree. I don't know if I like his stance. I do have a large Warhammer fantasy Dwarf army so I could sacrifice a clansman for some bits in order to replace the hammer. Hmm, not sure yet. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Pancho on March 20th, 2019, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » March 20th, 2019, 9:20 am

DullandRusty wrote:i used that same warhammer orc (12) for Ulag. I just fut out the but and top of the gun that is normally in his right hand and happened to come across a second one of the mini in a free paint and take at a game shop so I cut the axe off the left hand of the second one and put it in the R hand where the gun was. Now my Ulag dual wields axes ans looks more menacing as he has the warlord armor/helm.

Sounds great, post a pic if you get a chance. My one already had a missing right arm when I found it in a hobby store bits box, so I wasn't sure if it was definitely a space Ork until now. Take a look at these pics to see the replacement arm;
The arm was a bit long so I did my best to hide it under some extra shoulder armour (rolled cardboard). The existing armour on the left shoulder had some tiny studs that I haven't added yet to the right, as I can't think of a good way to do it.
I'm excited to see what it this guy turns out like once painted.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » March 20th, 2019, 9:33 am

Here are a few others that I finished yesterday.

11) The Advanced HQ wizard now on a home-made base. This is one of my favourite Heroquest models of all time, and I post pics of it every chance I get.

13) Barbarian elder from FH and 14) the Elf Princess from MotM.

And 20) the model I'll be using for the female barbarian. I'm really pleased how this one came out, but I'm having trouble getting a good photo as she has a dark skin tone and clothing.

And finally for today, a WIP shot of 22) the female elf. I'm yet to model the boobs!

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby arch8ngel » March 20th, 2019, 9:40 am

What is your source for the Barbarian Elder and the Elf Princess?

Both look great.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Postby Pancho » March 20th, 2019, 10:43 am

arch8ngel wrote:What is your source for the Barbarian Elder and the Elf Princess?

Both look great.

I don't know, sorry. Many of the models you can see in the top photo I just picked up randomly from conventions and hobby store bitz boxes; no labels, no packaging, some plastic, some metal, some painted, some bare.

Half of my reason for starting this thread is to give me the motivation to try and get all that lot painted quickly, the other half is to try and identify some or all of the figures. There are some members here who like playing this game and are super great at coming up with names/manufacturers for obscure (to me at least) mini's. I'm hoping they join in.

Rewards:
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby arch8ngel » March 20th, 2019, 10:49 am

Pancho wrote:
arch8ngel wrote:What is your source for the Barbarian Elder and the Elf Princess?

Both look great.

I don't know, sorry. Many of the models you can see in the top photo I just picked up randomly from conventions and hobby store bitz boxes; no labels, no packaging, some plastic, some metal, some painted, some bare.

Half of my reason for starting this thread is to give me the motivation to try and get all that lot painted quickly, the other half is to try and identify some or all of the figures. There are some members here who like playing this game and are super great at coming up with names/manufacturers for obscure (to me at least) mini's. I'm hoping they join in.

Makes sense.

Hopefully someone recognizes them.

The look familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it.
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Next

Return to Miniatures