• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

KrautScientist finally paints his HeroQuest set

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: KrautScientist finally (hopefully) paints his HeroQuest

Postby Maurice76 » May 8th, 2019, 4:29 am

Weltenlaeufer wrote:"@ Weltenlaeufer & Pancho: Oi! You gentleman might want to take your dirty business elsewhere! ;)

That being said, erm... @ Weltenlaeufer: I would be kinda interested in that info as well... ;)"

I have to admit I selfishly dropped the hint to keep this thread going with the expansion set minis one day! :mrgreen:

So, ehmm, before we head off towards painting again, is that guy into that for commercial purposes? Or is it a fan who simply makes an extra copy or two for fun?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Maurice76

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 14th, 2019, 8:02 am

Krautscientist is missing!! :shock: :shock: :D

I am slowly making progress and I am getting close to the heroes...they stand before me like the biggest challenge!!

Could you share the colors you used for your elf please? I think I gonna start with this one and work myself up the dwarf :lol:

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby KrautScientist » May 28th, 2019, 10:00 am

Hey everyone, sorry for the radio silence. I have a new update, however, as I've managed to take a couple of pictures of my finished HeroQuest set. Take a look:

There you have it, all set out on the garden table. And with my recent purchase of the four role boards for the heroes (and thanks to a couple of donations from my friend Annie), I am also the proud owner of all of the printed materials that came with the game once more. Yay!

On a related note, you probably won’t be able to make it out in the pictures, but that very loud green price tag up in the corner says “20,00 DM”, TWENTY Deutsche Marks. That’s 10 Euros (given the value of the Euro back when it was first introduced), but even if you are generous and figure in inflation,a price of even 20 Euros would be inconceivable for this entire package today, especially given the inflated aftermarket prices — seriously, if only I had picked up ten of those boxes back in the day, I would be a made man now :)

But how does this all look in an actual gaming setup? I created a little scene, mostly inspired by the quest called “The Trial” from the Master Edition’s questbook. Unfortunately, I had chosen the windiest day of the month, so both the GM screen and furniture kept falling over. But I was able to get a couple of pictures out of the ordeal. Take a look:

What a nostalgic feeling, to finally see the game set up in the way I imagine it was intended to be played. This really makes me want to actually give the game a spin — and hopefully it won’t be too long before I can make it happen!

For now, everything goes back into the box, however, along with a couple of still unpainted models that I am confident we’ll be seeing more of in the not-too-distant future:

Because today’s post hardly marks the end of my exploration of HeroQuest: For one, there are still twelve Men-at-arms to be painted, along with the extra Orcs, Goblins, Fimir (…) and Skeletons for the “Kellar’s Keep” and “Return of the Witch Lord” expansions, respectively.

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Rewards:
KrautScientist

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

Postby Thor-in » May 28th, 2019, 10:20 am

That is an absolutely lovely paint job and work you have done. Well done. |_P
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » May 28th, 2019, 10:56 am

Absolutely superb! You've done a terrific paint job, I am very jealous. You now HAVE to get back playing!

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Weltenlaeufer » May 28th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Yessss! Very cool!

Rewards:
Weltenlaeufer

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » May 28th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Thanks for pleasing my eyes with such beautiful pictures!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby defttitan » May 28th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Wow! This is a top-notch paint job, and the clear and brilliant photography only highlights it!
The entire game board pops with color and personality. Well done, sir!
defttitan

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:

Postby arch8ngel » May 29th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Looks amazing all together like that!

Really fantastic!
arch8ngel

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:

Postby KrautScientist » June 1st, 2019, 11:54 am

Thanks a lot for the enthusiastic feedback, everyone! I really appreciate the kind words, and they make this success feel even sweeter! :)

I am also pretty sure I wouldn't have finished the entire set without this forum -- at the very least, it would have been a less inspiring project, so thank you all for the feedback and suggestions! :)

Rewards:
KrautScientist

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures