• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Thor-in's HQ Miniature Collection...

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Thor-in's HQ Miniature Collection...

Postby Anderas » February 28th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Pink tail?

But looks good!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Thor-in » February 28th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Anderas wrote:Pink tail?

But looks good!

No, it's red :lol: The lighting is making it look pink (I never under coated the tail with black to make sure it didn't come out pink). I only used VMC Scarlet and VMC Flat Red.
I brought it to work hoping to get better natural lighting then at home, guess it didn't work so well (and to show it off to a co-worker that plays D&D and paints GW figures)
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » March 21st, 2019, 1:12 pm

I ended up buying four more of both the Beastman and Chaos Warriors. Still on the hunt for the Black Orc's. I found a few on Evilbay the other day but didn't have the money at the time to buy them.

To many projects and not enough money. :(

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » September 9th, 2020, 12:15 pm

Wow it's been over a year sense I posted on this tread, :shock:
Well my collection got smaller, had to sell of one complete set of HQ (thankfully it went to my sister for my nephews). One problem with being an adult, always have bills to pay.
However, I was able to get some more old GW plastic (Black Orcs, Night Goblins), another set of Dragon Strike along with a few extra DS mini's, some Battle Masters plastic, even some Talisman figures, and naturally some stuff from Zealot as time went on.
I've only had time to paint one figure sense the last Christmas Exchange. Too much going on with my divorce, my girlfriend being pregnant, getting ready for the baby, and well life. Can't wait to teach my son this game once he is old enough to learn.
So here is the figure I painted a few months ago, I did post it on the Inn's FB page when I painted it. Just thought I would share it here finally also.
0531200955.jpg

0531200955b.jpg

I need a better camera to take pictures of minis before I post them. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » September 11th, 2020, 7:50 am

Oh, your camera works.
You need a different background, something mid grey would be great to let your model stand out without falsiefied colors.

Try to print out one of these, they work great!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures