• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Giant Bats?

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Giant Bats?

Postby j_dean80 » June 18th, 2017, 11:01 am

Fallensaviour wrote:Those are the bats I have,lost the spiders and rats long ago.So I'll be on the hunt for a couple of rats.
All plastic as well.

Zealot has some nice rats.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby whitebeard » June 18th, 2017, 1:37 pm

knightkrawler wrote:At least I've thought so. Metal swarms? New to me.

I found a bunch like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Undead-Bat-Swarm-E-91-58-/222544209505?hash=item33d0ab2661:g:De0AAOSwi8VZP1pR

There are even others which appear to have this bat with others in different poses. It is hard to see through the old packaging and crappy photos though.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 18th, 2017, 2:23 pm

whitebeard wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Undead-Bat-Swarm-E-91-58-/222544209505?hash=item33d0ab2661:g:De0AAOSwi8VZP1pR

There are even others which appear to have this bat with others in different poses. It is hard to see through the old packaging and crappy photos though.

Oh, that...
well, that is the high end version from the same general area for the Vampire Counts army.
Looks like this when painted up:
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » June 18th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Do the bats come separate to put on different bases or they a swarm by make?

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » June 18th, 2017, 2:46 pm

knightkrawler wrote:
whitebeard wrote:

Oh, that...
well, that is the high end version from the same general area for the Vampire Counts army.
Looks like this when painted up:

Not sure if these are the same bats arranged around a tree... the tree does not appear to be in this pack. I believe they look like this when unpacked:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Fantasy-AoS-2-oop-metal-Vampire-Counts-Bat-Swarm-Bases-b-/371830943628?hash=item5692d9ef8c:g:LwwAAOSwImRYbFLQ

And it apears that one of them is the master which was used for the later plastic spruce with one of each, spider, rat, snotling, and bat.

So you can get more diversity with metal or stick with plastic.

I really like the minotaurs that come with WHQ and the game is pretty cool as well for a change. If only I had bought this instead of SilverTower last year.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » June 18th, 2017, 3:00 pm

You're right, it's not the exact same models.
I just wanted to point at the differences between those plastic swarms, uniform and perfect to go with HQ minis
and the metal ones that are more elaborated, probably two or three different blisters vor variation.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » July 10th, 2017, 9:54 pm

whitebeard wrote:
knightkrawler wrote:Actually, looking for "Warhammer Quest Bats" doesn't help.
People think they're worth much because of the connection to that game.
You're looking for this "Fantasy Swarm" or the bats therein:

That is really great information. I looked and the "buy it now" prices are ridiculous $30 for 6 plus shipping. There is one auction out there for 6 bats that has 1 day left and has zero bids and starts at $1.

I noted that these models are metal, and you should be aware that all WHQ components are plastic.

The really high "buy it now" price puts this on par with WarhammerQuest components "buy it now".

It appears the nostalgic insanity over WHQ fueled by the reminder (and disappointing) SilverTower, has recently passed. So you can acquire all of the WHQ models at a reasonable price.

FYI: You should be able to wait and bid for a WHQ set which is incomplete, missing a few cards, heros and maybe a tile or two... And win it for $100. I noted the higher priced Auctions were expiring, so just wait it out and you will get this price.
For $100 you get
3 minotaurs
12 snotlings
12 bats
12 rats
12 spiders
6 goblin spearmen
6 goblin archers
6 orc wariors
6 orc archers
12 skaven
10 doors

It is a lot of models and is deal by today's standards. And if you have the tiles and the Role Play book, you don't need any of the cards except the dungeon cards (All become tables anyways). And you could replace even replace this by a table or (preferably) an application.

I ended up winning this auction with no other bids. They seem to be a good HQ fit. I just need to find a few more at a good price.

Rewards:
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » July 11th, 2017, 8:46 am

j_dean80 wrote:Do the bats come separate to put on different bases or they a swarm by make?

The original Warhammer Quest bats come on individual bases, pictured here. As the Fantasy Swarm models are all represented in original Warhammer Quest, I imagine the bats in that boxed set have molded bases as well. You wouldn't know it looking at the box cover, where the supports were cut and mounted by hand.

Nice WHQ auction win! |_P
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby TMU » July 26th, 2017, 12:51 pm

knightkrawler wrote:Actually, looking for "Warhammer Quest Bats" doesn't help.
People think they're worth much because of the connection to that game.
You're looking for this "Fantasy Swarm" or the bats therein:

This is the same model that was used for Warhammer Quest.
Each swarm is on a 40mm base. For you to get a measure of their size...

I also have a box of these fellows, great minis and definitely plastic.
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures