• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Expanding Heroquest Monsters

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Expanding Heroquest Monsters

Postby Anderas » July 30th, 2016, 1:27 am

Your normal stats, are they NA stats?

Do you know possibly Mohawk's Questimator? It's an Excel Sheet that can read Heroscribe files and then calculate how many BP the Heroes lose in average. That one could be a good test for your monsters before you put them on the table.

I think your Chaos Warlock could have some BP more.
Also, it could be a good idea not to fix the Ogres BP; that way you can vary them according to your need. :)

Generally, i like your list. It's not too much, but still it is enough variation for some years of gaming. |_P

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Wolf » July 30th, 2016, 1:57 am

Anderas wrote:Your normal stats, are they NA stats?

Do you know possibly Mohawk's Questimator? It's an Excel Sheet that can read Heroscribe files and then calculate how many BP the Heroes lose in average. That one could be a good test for your monsters before you put them on the table.

I think your Chaos Warlock could have some BP more.
Also, it could be a good idea not to fix the Ogres BP; that way you can vary them according to your need. :)

Generally, i like your list. It's not too much, but still it is enough variation for some years of gaming. |_P

Yeah they are the North American stats for the normal monsters.

As for the Ogres I found the stats for them on this website (found the cards for them) and I am just using that. I like the idea of keeping stats straight forward so you know how much you have to fight.

Also I don't know if Mohawk's Questimator will work due to my upgraded rules. I have some additions to the monsters, (additions for when they are equipt with armor or bows or even spears), I also have optional critical hits that can be made during the quest.

The way I figured out critical hits is simply rolling 2 red dice when you attack, if you get double 6's you do 2 automatic wounds to the monster plus your normal rolling for attacking but if you get double 1's you wiff and may not attack.

I'll post more about the quest in the quest area and I'll show off the minitures, again, when I get them in the mail.
My campaigns in order of story from left to right:
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » July 30th, 2016, 2:45 pm

I like the GW skeletal warriors, if you are looking for a new class of undead. With 12 for ~$30 it's tough to beat the value... and you can use the extra bits to add more features to your dungeon.

The GW river trolls are also really cool. I've got a forest board for these and giant spiders, wolves, werewolf, etc.

And expanding your count of Chaos Warriors with the GW ones is also popular.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » July 30th, 2016, 3:21 pm

whitebeard wrote:I like the GW skeletal warriors, if you are looking for a new class of undead. With 12 for ~$30 it's tough to beat the value... and you can use the extra bits to add more features to your dungeon.

The GW river trolls are also really cool. I've got a forest board for these and giant spiders, wolves, werewolf, etc.

And expanding your count of Chaos Warriors with the GW ones is also popular.

Thanks, as for the base monsters for Heroquest I want to keep them all the same. There are often great bundles of monsters on Ebay that I get. I have boughten 2 full things of Undead on Ebay so far (2 whole things being 2 sets of the original undead monsters).

At the moment I only have 7 Chaos Warriors and 1 Chaos Warlock.
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Wolf » July 30th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Posted up the beginning for my campaign (The Rules) up: http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3570&p=73549#p73549
ImageImage

Wolf

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 15th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Wolf wrote:I create my heroes in 4's as the original set came in 4's: Barbarian, Elf, Wizard, Dwarf

So my next two groups are what I call "The Expanded Heroes": Fool, Knight, Monk, Thief

And "The Time Travelers": The Doctor, Kyle Reese, Alexander Hartdegen, Ash Williams

Obviously I will be sharing more for the monsters here but will open up a new topic (seeing as how I am forced to do that) for the Heroes.

I find it odd you don't just have a place for making a whole expansions: The cards, Heroes, Monsters, Tiles, spells, etc but all combined. To show off what I am doing you have to go to a bunch of different threads.

Anyway I will upload images when I can.

I'm interested in your Ash Hero. I always thought he'd fit in a specially-created set of Quests.

There is a place at the Inn for inclusive projects with many elements. Check out Board index ‹ Special Rooms ‹ Adventurer's Guild. Start here to learn more about usergroups--you may even be granted your own subforum. Most members are content to simply start their own topic, however.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Miniatures