• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Showdown HomeBrew: Furniture

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Showdown HomeBrew: Furniture

Postby Showdown35 » July 16th, 2015, 2:34 pm

Greetings!

I thought I would take some time to share a few pics of some furniture I've been working on. As part of my HeroQuest HomeBrew project (you may have seen my home-built board and new-design cards), I am home-building an entire set of furniture for my game. I've finished a few pieces and figured it was time to update the community on my status with this project.

Here's the link to my Project Website: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest/
There is a seperate page for the furniture, but I've also previewed the finished pics below. Check out the site for some info about how I made the pieces and a couple "in-progress" pics.

This is my first go at making furniture, so it may not be up to par with many of the beautiful pieces I've seen posted on this forum, but I did my best, and I'm happy with how they turned out. I think they will fit right in with the style of my board. To start off my run of furniture making, here is every Hero's two favorite pieces to find in a room:

Image Image

Image Image

Comments and criticisms are welcome!
Last edited by Showdown35 on April 26th, 2018, 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Showdown's HomeBrew: Furniture

Postby Count Mohawk » July 16th, 2015, 2:40 pm

I'm terrible at art, but I do think that furniture does not necessarily have to be perfectly shaped or colored or whatever to be of good quality. After all, we're talking about an age before precision machinery.

On-topic, the weaponry on the rack is both varied and shiny. I also like how you did the trim on the chests! (...Do they open?)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » July 16th, 2015, 3:29 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:I'm terrible at art, but I do think that furniture does not necessarily have to be perfectly shaped or colored or whatever to be of good quality. After all, we're talking about an age before precision machinery.

On-topic, the weaponry on the rack is both varied and shiny. I also like how you did the trim on the chests! (...Do they open?)

I actually posted about my board that I intentional did not use much precision tools to cut the tiles or place them in position, I mostly used free-hand to cut and just eyed their position as I wanted the "imperfect" feel of the dungeon, being that it was likely built by monsters or undead servants, who were likely not the best craftsman. Likewise with the furniture, I cut free-hand to mimic the "imprecise" way mosters/undead would build a chest for their master.

(...The chests do not open, although I did consider it. Making a working hinge, I felt, was not worth the time and planning, as it would lead to wanting a cupboard that opens as well!)
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » July 20th, 2015, 9:59 am

Looks good. Judging by the weapons (that appear to be mysteriously attached to the rack) you had a few Warhammer orc and goblin spares.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » August 10th, 2015, 6:40 pm

An update to my furniture gallery. Here are a couple tables and the torture rack. Again, if you want to see a pic and short description of how I made these, check out my Project Site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest/furniture.html

Image Image

Image Image

Let me know what you think!
Last edited by Showdown35 on April 26th, 2018, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » August 11th, 2015, 12:02 am

Wow. Excellent work. |_P :redheart:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 11th, 2015, 12:50 am

I think this is horrible and i fear the day i fall into your hands. Being on this table definitely is not my favorite waste of time!

Beautifully made! :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » August 11th, 2015, 10:23 am

Very nice! I would consider following your instructions and doing this myself... but I can skip straight to painting with the Twisting Catacombs order that will be showing up soon.
Has resigned from the forum and would delete his account if he could.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
whitebeard

Archmage
Archmage

Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 11th, 2015, 10:48 am

Beautiful. |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby slev » August 13th, 2015, 7:16 am

=0

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Miniatures