• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ampersands stuff

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Ampersands stuff

Postby Maike05 » Tuesday September 8th, 2015 4:00am

Waw these look fantastic! I'll have to re-blog these later on Ye Olde Inn blog !! :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Saiyaforthelight » Tuesday September 8th, 2015 2:24pm

Fantastic stuff Ampersand, only just discovered your blog, but very cool stuff. I'm playing HQ on Flint's 30mm double corridor board and love the size. No more knocking over every mini in a cluttered room and the original furniture takes up slightly less spcae, freeing fighting room, while still adding a great aesthetic.

I'd be interested in your AHQ doc if you're happy to share - I used Slev's 40mm tiles and overlays and reduced them to 30mm and did much the same as you - printed on A0.

Saiya :skeleton:
My rules, modifications, spells and quests: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3380

-Saiya-
Saiyaforthelight

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: British English
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Tuesday September 8th, 2015 2:42pm

Saiyaforthelight wrote:Fantastic stuff Ampersand, only just discovered your blog, but very cool stuff. I'm playing HQ on Flint's 30mm double corridor board and love the size. No more knocking over every mini in a cluttered room and the original furniture takes up slightly less spcae, freeing fighting room, while still adding a great aesthetic.

Plus, for all quest writers, HeroScribe features the 'mini furniture' board option which is Flint's board with furniture icons being smaller and using up fewer squares on the map.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Saiyaforthelight » Tuesday September 8th, 2015 4:46pm

Plus, for all quest writers, HeroScribe features the 'mini furniture' board option which is Flint's board with furniture icons being smaller and using up fewer squares on the map.

I discovered this last week and had a geekgasm. If only I could get Heroscribe running with more stability! I'm considering re-writing the quests with the new board and furniture positioning, altered monsters and other features inspired by EvilWizardCharacter's game. Love this hobby!

-Saiya-
Saiyaforthelight

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Tuesday September 8th, 2015 6:20pm

Saiyaforthelight wrote:Fantastic stuff Ampersand, only just discovered your blog, but very cool stuff. I'm playing HQ on Flint's 30mm double corridor board and love the size. No more knocking over every mini in a cluttered room and the original furniture takes up slightly less spcae, freeing fighting room, while still adding a great aesthetic.

I'd be interested in your AHQ doc if you're happy to share - I used Slev's 40mm tiles and overlays and reduced them to 30mm and did much the same as you - printed on A0.

well i scanned all of these afresh myself and laid them out in best way possible as well as added a few more goodies. it wont be up long i need my dropbox for other stuff :) (255MB DL)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/04k7covy3ux9j9y/A0%20AHQ%2030mm%20squares.png?dl=0
and going bigger than 25mm is the exact reason i did this...i hate figures getting in the way. doors being knocked over and the likes..bare in mind though. when generating a dungeon at 30mm squares..your gonna need a big table :)

Maike05 wrote:Waw these look fantastic! I'll have to re-blog these later on Ye Olde Inn blog !! :)

thanks dude..be my guest. if you like these i think youll love the rest i do :)

Redav wrote:
The Road Warrior wrote:I was just reading this post on your blog is his morning.

Same here. I finally worked out that being a follower means that new posts show up in the blogger dashboard so I was having a gander over the post on the weekend.

Looking great! Definitely inspirational stuff there. We're currently moving from a townhouse to a real house and there's a store room which I'm thinking will have a work bench so I'll be able to have a neat setup to get back into my stalled painting :lol:

yeh there are some great blogs out there to pick ideas up. as well as being enlightened to new things. i cant recommend it enough as a source for material for a hobby like this
good luck with the move and hope to see some stuff from you once youve settled :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Saiyaforthelight » Wednesday September 9th, 2015 4:35pm

Many thanks Ampersand - it has been downloaded ready for another project! I wish I was any good with a scanner and photoshop, or I could do you the Terror in the Dark tiles I have!

-Saiya-
Saiyaforthelight

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Wednesday September 9th, 2015 4:47pm

Saiyaforthelight wrote:Many thanks Ampersand - it has been downloaded ready for another project! I wish I was any good with a scanner and photoshop, or I could do you the Terror in the Dark tiles I have!

already got them :)
ive also got all of the old dunteon tiles that GW produced in those booklets many moons ago.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby slev » Friday September 11th, 2015 5:56am

I've been using 25mm prprinted AHQ tiles, and it can get pretty huge. I can only imagine the massive size a 30mm setup would involve.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Friday September 11th, 2015 1:22pm

slev wrote:I've been using 25mm prprinted AHQ tiles, and it can get pretty huge. I can only imagine the massive size a 30mm setup would involve.

yeh.it does. maybe a slight oversight from myself in that i didnt want clashing figures on the board..i think in all honestly 28mm would of been a better option for me.
but saying that...it looks pretty awesome when all laid out. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ampersand » Sunday September 27th, 2015 6:08am

ive finished the first 4 zealot doors that i have tried to customise somewhat, thought you guys wouldnt mind taking a butchers look

another 14 more to do, all of varying levels of change on them, the plan for this was that no 1 door would be the same, no matter how small the additions may be, but all the same the doors 'could' have uses specifically, but the main point being is its extra eye candy and character to something in all dungeon crawlers that i feel tends to go unnoticed

anyways hope you like. |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ampersand

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext