• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Everybody love painted minis!

Discuss compatible Miniatures, Miniature making/painting and share Miniatures you've made/painted.

Re: Everybody love painted minis!

Postby cynthialee » January 22nd, 2012, 10:58 am

Painted one of my Fimirs purple and he looks cool.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby drathe » January 22nd, 2012, 1:42 pm

Goblin-King wrote:
Ethica wrote:What about the gargoyle and fimir then?

I made the fimir brown like in the Kellar's Keep book, but I don't really like it.

Given the quality of the other figures, I would still enjoy seeing it.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby mako-heart » February 16th, 2012, 7:20 pm

Goblin-king your minis are the best i have ever seen I'm not kidding ireally like that you are keeping it as close to the origanl as possible have you done your wizards of mocar if so did you do them as the spell cards or as the cover art. please let me know.
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » February 17th, 2012, 12:54 pm

I have only gotten as far with WoM as making the bases and spraying them... I think I'll do them like on the cards, as that's what the players will spend the most time looking at.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 17th, 2012, 3:50 pm

I'm impressed with the skeleton's teeth. Perhaps the bottom dark line under the teeth might be improved by lightening it, thus tying the teeth into the jaw better.

To find a new critisism :twisted: , I'd say the gravel basing-effect loses some of the feet that are already too shallow. The Goblin seems to be sunken into the ground, for instance. Don't know if it would be convincing, but a painted, faux texture might achieve a suitable effect with no loss of foot depth. But that's my imagined preference, since I tend to avoid wargaming basing, anyway.

The only other criticism I can think of is you need better light when you make your pictures. I wanna see more of those colors, which otherwise appear flawless. I too really like your work- aces all the way. Looking forward to more.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Mophus » March 8th, 2012, 2:25 pm

I like the helmet of the Chaos-Sorcerer and the green plate mail more than mine ones. The helmet has a finer print and the plate mail has a darker green, more similar to the original Chaos-Warrior shown on the box. Overall great work! (I want to see the Fimir and Gargoyle, too)

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 9th, 2012, 3:23 am

I'm going to my parents summerhouse for the weekend.
I usually get a lot of painting done there, so hopefully I'll have some more pictures monday :-)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » March 12th, 2012, 1:07 pm

Dun dun dun DUUUN! Behold the brown fimir! The golden armor stand more out in real life...

And for shits and giggles: An old fimir I painted ages ago!

The gargoyle is also a somewhat old figure- Not as old as the fimir though.

A home made Dark Portal. Not official HQ, but made for HQ

And while we are at it: A homemade Ooze

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby tasoe » March 12th, 2012, 2:04 pm

fimir is absolutely beautiful. skin shading, armor and the eye are beyond awesome. I would like to see a green one painted with the same level.

the gold on this post goes to portal though! wicked sick!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
tasoe

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Seb » March 13th, 2012, 2:37 am

Brown Fimir, Gargoyle and portal are good, well executed pieces. The slime is great; love the piles of things shot into it or gathered up in passing.

It is disturbing how alike my first HQ mniatures and that Fimir were. I even used poster paints! (Which flaked off in a few days; until I learnt about mystical Acrylic Paints)

Perfect implacable foe :D

- Seb

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Seb

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Miniatures