• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Found some typos or dead links? Is there an area you would like to see added? Is there something you would like to contribute to Ye Olde Inn? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only those issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages. Issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forum or Blog do not go here.

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby drathe » March 28th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Daedalus wrote:I think it would be cool if there was a way to rate the Quests that can be downloaded here at the Inn, kinda like how images are rated in the Gallery. A comment section could be provided as a kind of mini-review. That way folks could learn which Quests are recommended by those who have played them (or at least read them).

Agreed. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » May 14th, 2013, 3:51 pm

Many of us have probaly visited Baloban's site before. In the Downloads section, he has a couple of game mags that I haven't seen here at the Inn yet. One is a review of the game (meh), but the other, G. M. Fantasy Magazine, features a contest devised by Stephen Baker. It even has a picture of him. It might be cool to run the original contest from the Contest forum some time.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 28th, 2013, 1:41 am

How about an icon award for significant contribution to the translation effort?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 28th, 2013, 3:12 am

Don't we have the credits page for that? I mean, we'd end up with icons for:
- Quests
- Translations
- Gallery entries
- Tiles
- Cards (monsters/artefacts/equipment/spells/etc.)

My icons space would be too small :P
But if drathe is up for it, sure ;)
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » August 28th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Nah... let's not overdo it. They are called ACHIEVEMENTS... As in something you've earned through... an achievement! ;)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Schmidt » August 28th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Writing something in Finnish that TMU does not respond to, now that would be an achievement.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 28th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Sjeng wrote:Don't we have the credits page for that? I mean, we'd end up with icons for:
- Quests
- Translations
- Gallery entries
- Tiles

I wouldn't suggest an icon for the other contributions mentioned, but I'd forgotten about the credits--good point. I agree that is reward enough for improving the Inn.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby TMU » August 29th, 2013, 1:23 am

Schmidt wrote:Writing something in Finnish that TMU does not respond to, now that would be an achievement.

We won't need that achievement icon, no one will succeed ;)
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » September 2nd, 2013, 1:14 pm

Sjeng wrote:Don't we have the credits page for that? I mean, we'd end up with icons for:
- Quests
- Translations
- Gallery entries
- Tiles

I've had ideas for some of these on my mind for a long time. (such as a reward for a painted mini in the gallery that scores an average rating of 8+ with at least 10 votes)
I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm not 100% convinced all of them should have rewards. For example, it would be nice to have something to encourage translation submissions, but not everyone is able to earn such a reward. Many of us only know one language. I would prefer rewards to be for an activity everyone could participate in, like creating quests.

I'm happy to read further discussion on the subject. Ideas are always welcome.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 18th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Perhaps a usergroup icon for translators (The Old World map)? Still has the limited inclusion problem, but not all of the current groups are openly available, either. There are also those who have used Google Translate to contribute to the current state of the Japanese and Brazilian translations. Anybody could have done (or still do) that.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Website Discussion Room