• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Warhammer

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Warhammer

Postby Goblin-King » November 18th, 2011, 2:44 am

But playing a good game with two well painted armies is definitely something special too :)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Templar » November 18th, 2011, 6:30 pm

True, true...when my dinosaurs are stampeding across the inferior troops of my opponent, I am a happy lizard indeed ;)
"If you have to ask, you're streets behind..." - Pierce Hawthorn

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 19th, 2011, 12:02 pm

We'll see...
Never painted my minis before, but looking forward to it :mrgreen:

By the way, welcome back to this thread, Templar. As much as I understood, you are already familiar with the new rules. So would you agree to what Goblin King said about fleeing etc?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » November 20th, 2011, 4:08 am

Well...as I understood your question, this is what happens:

1. It is your opponents turn. He is in the "charge" subphase, and he charges one of your units.
2. You react by fleeing.
3. The opponent makes all his other charges, some that may or may not be directed at your already fleeing unit. If the target of a charge, the fleeing unit must flee again.
4. Your opponent has moved on to the "compulsory moves" subphase. In this phase it is only his own fleeing units that will continue fleeing if not rallied.

So yes, your unit can flee quite a distance in your enemies charge phase, but most likely in different directions and at the cost of other viable charge alternatives for your opponent. But it does not flee in your opponents compulsory moves phase...

Did I get the question right, or am I way of track?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 20th, 2011, 5:44 am

you got it absolutely right.
In this phase it is only his own fleeing units that will continue fleeing

That was the point. Should be clear, but I somehow misunderstood this. Stupid :oops:
Thanks again!
@Goblin King - did you get my last PN?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Templar » November 22nd, 2011, 4:12 pm

No problem :)

You know that Vampire Counts are getting a new army book soon, right? Some cool new stuff on the way...!

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 23rd, 2011, 11:24 am

Templar wrote:You know that Vampire Counts are getting a new army book soon, right? Some cool new stuff on the way...!
No, didn't know - but they definitely need it!
Rules for the Terrorgheist (only in White Dwarf so far),
Necromancers or Liches in leading positions (Did Heinrich Kemmler ever exist in the 8th edition?),
At least one unit with ranged weapons,
etc...
Where can I get some info about this?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby dresdendoll » November 23rd, 2011, 12:45 pm

Never was much into wh fantasy because HeroQuest always filled that niche. Did play some 40k though, Necrons. It was alright... Seemed that wraiths + nightbringer >>>> every other army i faced. I never lost a single game due to how OP wraiths are.

Now, Necromunda and Mordheim, THOSE are great games... And similar to HeroQuest in ways.
dresdendoll

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Templar » November 24th, 2011, 7:01 am

If you can stand some speculating and one or two rude posts, this is an acceptable source of info about the new Vampire Counts book:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319999

Most rumours, true or false (most likely some false), are summed up in the first post, but it might be interesting to look over the other posts as well.

Most people think it will be out in January :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Templar

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby WittyDroog » January 31st, 2012, 10:41 am

I know this is months old, and I'm sorry for dragging this thread up, but I figure to inform you that if you really want Skeletal Archers you could play Tomb Kings, which are basically Egyptian undead.

The decision to only let Tomb King skeletons be archers has to do with the play style of Vampire Counts, particularly that they rely heavily on what are called "tarpits" whereas the Tomb Kings rely more on ranged weapons and fast flanking units like chariots. As a Vampire Count, you have a great ability to slam a mob of zombies into your enemy's proudest unit (Say, some expensive as hell Chaos Knights). Now obviously your zombies will get mowed down, but they're fearless and won't break (just get killed faster), and if you keep a Necromancer around you can keep raising new zombies. Effectively you can "trap" the unit in a never-ending mob of zombies while your dastardly powerful Vampire makes a mess of his army.

In regards to Necrons (Space Undead), they just got a new codec that finally gives players a reason to try other units. Before this new codex the only logical army was "Lord'n'Orb" and as many Warriors as your point budget allowed. Any expenditure on anything else like Monoliths or Destroyers was simply an inefficient use of points compared to just Warriors. It was a pretty bland army to play and play against, to say the least. Nowadays their codex is really swell from what I've read. The fluff is MUCH better (No more of this 'The C'Tan did it' plot device' Deus-Ex-Machina crap), the units have more flavor to them while being mechanically useful in game, new minis look great, and to top it all off it's designed with forthcoming 6th Edition rules in mind.
WittyDroog

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member

Previous

Return to Other Games Room