• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dungeon Universalis

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Dungeon Universalis

Postby cornixt » November 2nd, 2018, 11:20 am

Spotted this today:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/59 ... iversalis/

New dungeon crawler, looks like a HQ next step with DnD elements. Lots of physical content, although it seems like much of it could have been done away with if they just added a few pages to the book and let people write stuff down instead of using cards and tokens. The full version is $85 but I would have been happy just getting the books for $50 and supplying all the tokens myself (which is how I do DnD but with way more expensive books) and printing stuff when necessary. But I guess it is aiming for a section of the market that doesn't want to do that, more casual board gamer than RPGer.

I'm a bit suspicious about the amount of stuff they say they will supply at that price, seems like a lot.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dungeon Universalis

Postby Nicodemus » November 2nd, 2018, 11:28 am

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks interesting!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Nicodemus

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » November 2nd, 2018, 3:40 pm

Just.
Why needs it be 400 creatures in the base game? Tokens, game cards, creatures, everything counting in the hundreds!
I get the feel that I would search for components longer than I play a mission.
Had I unlimited home-time, and hobbyspace, I would buy nevertheless.
Hobbyspace: full
Time: no more in January.

So, not this time. But it's tempting.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » November 2nd, 2018, 6:04 pm

I like the look of the tiles a lot but not the rest of the stuff... miniatures and artworks have that computer feeling that I really try to avoid (not too much different from the HQ30) because have no personality; sorry but I only like the oldschool style (with some exceptions like Boris figures..).
And having 800 cards seems too much dispersive and the bestiary (even 2 books of monster) don't seems captivating my eyes, they are all shiluettes, also too much stuff to rememeber and learn... if I search for this I can go play DND.
I have the same feeling of when I've seen HQ30 for the first time: "why all this unnecessary stuff?
So definetely it is not for me but good luck for the project (they already get funded 400%)

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby arntisdale » October 10th, 2020, 4:58 pm

It's back for a 2nd printing:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonuniversalis/dungeon-universalis-second-printing/description
It looks interesting, the reviews/ratings on BGG are way up there at 9.2.
I'd like to hear the communities thoughts, especially for those that own or have played it.
arntisdale

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Return to Other Games Room