• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Saga: the Game available on sale now

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Saga: the Game available on sale now

Postby cynthialee » December 10th, 2015, 12:41 pm

The latest version of my Role Playing Game is available at Lulu.com
After a few years of working on the old version and updating things and adding stuff: I feel confident that this newest rev is a great resource for any Gamemaster. Inside not only will one find the typical fare of heroes, monsters and sword and sorcery, one will also find a lengthy analysis of how Role Playing Games are at their core Fiction. I go into the common elements of fiction in our culture and how to incorporate these concepts into a proper Role Playing Game. Also covered is the use of cultural narratives and cultural scripts and how one can develop them for use in a RPG.
Honestly...I believe I have taken the Game manual concept and taken it to the next level.
Pretty proud of this work.
http://www.lulu.com/shop/cp-bussell/sag ... 78384.html

Now I am not saying this book is perfect. I am not the proud possessor of an English Doctorate and there are a few editing errors I am sure. My skills and Sevan's help is all I have to work with. I didn't have a proper dev team like a big company would have. {I did get some artists to help me out and the public domain provided me with plenty of art.} But the end result is something I am proud of. It is well put together for a pair of amatures. The information and insights within make up for the errors.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Saga: the Game available on sale now

Postby Daedalus » April 23rd, 2016, 3:21 am

Wow, Cynthia Lee, you've created you opus at 560 pages! Congratulations on seeing your project through. Whether it sees commercial success or not, your published! |_P
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » April 23rd, 2016, 10:55 am

thanks
the rev I am working on right now is up to over 700+ pages. Seems writing a game system never ends. As soon as I send a version to print, I find myself digging out the document and doing more work.

I doubt I will ever finish fine tuning Saga: the Game
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » April 23rd, 2016, 10:57 am

Even if we never see commercial success the fact that we play with proper game manuals instead of printed home made makes a big difference. I do have a few friends across the world who play Saga: the Game.
Having a proper manual is the bomb.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Other Games Room