• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Zombicide: Black Plague

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Zombicide: Black Plague

Postby QorDaq » Thursday February 25th, 2016 7:04pm

@Nuadha,

Yeah, the minis are great from CMoN, and with the variety (if you pick up the game through KS), there are potential minis for many if not any of the home-brewed Heroes found on the interwebs. Monsters is, where the decision to fully convert gets tough. With Z:BP we have Zombies and Skeletons... But no Orcs, Goblins, Fimir (Obviously), or Mummies--for base game purposes. Clearly Ogres are another matter entirely, as are special creatures like the Ice Gremlin, Polar Warbear, and so on.

That said, there is plenty of room for CMoN to add other fantasy themes to the game should they wish to and if there were a 2nd Season of Z:BP I'd love to see Mummies... But yeah, excepting for having mismatched styles of Minis on the board I doubt we'll ever see the option for a full conversion (Replacement) of the miniatures in HQ with CMoN goodness.

However, with all of the cool Abominations, Wolves, unique Necromancers, and so on... Substituting for special NPCs and the like is pretty doable.

In other news, we just got a big KS update on wave 2 with some production pics from the factory floor of sets being assembled and boxed... Hopefully by June we should have some more awesome Black Plague on our collective tables!

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » Sunday June 12th, 2016 3:16pm

Opened everything that I'll be keeping for myself, a Knights pledge + Deadeye Walkers. I've never played Zombicide so this was an initial foray into it. Wish I would have bought a second set of BP dice, I can already tell that having an extra set at a table would make playing a bit quicker. Glom is my favorite mini out of everything, which was an unexpected surprise since I was disappointed with the Plague Doctor mini.

[Reveal] Spoiler: 'Boring aside note'
My shipment went to my old address and when I went to pick it up (3 boxes) I was carrying out 2 intending to go back for the 3rd. I was only a few steps out of the apartment leasing office when one of the employees come out excitedly asking "Are these Zombicide boxes?" and carrying the 3rd box. He really wanted to talk about what I got since he backed it as well and hadn't had any updates on his tracking number. I gave him my number and if he call will meet up at some point to play.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Anderas » Sunday June 12th, 2016 4:00pm

Tried to play that game today with my wife. It's not her game. She said if that would have been Nazis, she could understand the purpose, but zombies leave her cold apparently. OK. Well, at least in the club they like it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » Sunday June 12th, 2016 4:32pm

Anderas wrote:Tried to play that game today with my wife. It's not her game. She said if that would have been Nazis, she could understand the purpose, but zombies leave her cold apparently. OK. Well, at least in the club they like it.

Oh man, now that's a shame. And a little humorous since Zcide has a rep for being Wife/ Girlfriend/Non-gamer friendly over all.

QorDaq

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » Sunday June 12th, 2016 6:21pm

Zombicide storage, for those that have it. Do you keep your stuff in the original boxes separately or combine them? With all the extra minis and separate boxes the thought of having them all separated is a bit of a put off for playing. There a lot of space that isn't utilized with the way it comes packaged and my thoughts are leaning towards custom storage. Constructive comments are greatly welcomed.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » Monday June 13th, 2016 8:40am

RE Zombicide Storage:

I keep all of my Zcide Modern in a big tote (All three seasons, with most of the commercially available goodies from S 1-3 with the big box expansions, and SGs from S3)... I don't paint any more, so I can store minis in plastic boxes by "Type", so I have all of my Walkers mixed up in a box (Standard, Toxic, and Berserkers), all runners in another one, etc... This works great for me, again since they are not painted. Most of the tokens and cards are sorted in another plastic tray, and so on. Everything including tiles, dice, some extra odds and ends to organize things on the game table, all fit in the tote.

My boxes are stored on a shelf and are just there to look pretty.

This works VERY well for me, as it is all portable and self contained. However, at this point, I usually have all three seasons on the board at the same time, if someone wanted to keep them pristine (Gear and Spawn cards for each season), they would likely need to be more careful with storage.
Last edited by QorDaq on Monday June 13th, 2016 3:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

QorDaq

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Monday June 13th, 2016 12:39pm

I would really like to see some hires photos of the huntsman package and the skeleton archers as long as I am waiting here in France.... and wait.... and wait....

Ivenbach could you do me a favor?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby IvenBach » Tuesday June 14th, 2016 10:58am

Anderas, I don't have anything other than my camera phone and I'm not good at taking photos. Give me a couple days to see if I can get good lucky shots.

Rewards:
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » Thursday June 16th, 2016 10:27pm

Took some photos and put them in my Zombicide folder: http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/IvenBach/slideshow/Zombicide. Testing it out with my wife.

Thantos I need more doors. Yours have a great feel on the Zombicide board and add a lot to the games feel.

***Edit: Just played the 1st quest and it was fun, really fun. Read the rules before playing and that made it easier, still referred to the rulebook to make sure I understood how to play. Questions follow:

1) For those that have played, I'm assuming items don't carry over from one Quest/Map to the other, am I correct?
2) There was a little confusion on my part about how one area and whether it should be 1 distinct moving zones or 1. Is there somewhere online that really makes it clear?
3) Will there be or are there any 3 damage weapons? Only being able to kill Abominations by dragon fire would really make it tough, especially with the extra abomination bosses.

Rewards:
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Friday June 17th, 2016 12:59am

I think Samson can kill Abominations if he wears a strength 2 Weapon and activates his Ability.

No, the items are not carried over.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room