• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Imperial Assault (Star Wars) - FFG 2015

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Imperial Assault (Star Wars) - FFG 2015

Postby Stairwell » August 10th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Yeah I need to focus on one thing... I have Base game+all wave 1 expansions for IA... going to be around $100 for Twin Shadows + wave 2... (in Australia.. US it would be like $50 from DGS lol.. shipping on Twin Shadows kills it from them though).

Tempted to pick up X-wing or Armada..but yeah I can't really afford to go all in on the expansions which is what I would want to do.

I have Descent 1e and didn't get any expansions - now they all cost about $200 each... except sea of blood (kicking myself I missed a local auction recently for 2x expansion + base for $100).
Was looking into 2e and it looks like fun/better than 1e.... but golly SO much expansion content... I don't think I could keep up with it all, let alone store it...
Stairwell

Orc
Orc

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » August 12th, 2015, 3:31 am

Well, about Descent 2nd ed. I plan on getting the big expansions, but none of the mini packs. Those are just overpriced models. I can proxy them easily with Reaper Bones, I have plenty from KS1+2. Then it's not so bad.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sinned » August 28th, 2015, 9:57 am

The whole new wave is in!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » January 25th, 2016, 4:00 pm

I have the base game now. Tutorial played, a bit confusing due to so many rules to learn but we are getting there. Works very well, and it seems that half of the ideas I put into my own dungeon crawler are in this, not that I thought I was being particularly original. Painted several of the models after reposing them (I hate having so many models in the same pose - so chopped off arms and repositioned). Also restructured the insert so I could fit everything in.

Looking at all of the expansions, there's not much there that are immediate wants except for R2-D2 and C3PO. Maybe after playing the full campaign we will be itching for more missions, but for now I think that I'll probably be playing the skirmish game against my son more than anything. Thinking about grabbing a load of cheap Star Wars Miniatures games models on ebay to bulk out the rebel side. Not been this excited about a new game for a while.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cornixt » February 22nd, 2016, 11:16 am

Almost half-way through the campaign, rebels have won 3/4 so far, mostly due to me accidentally forgetting lots of rules that would have helped me win. My wife is always confused by the Pierce rules and line-of-sight. My kids want to play it every chance we get. Glad I held off getting the expansions, I've been changing my mind a lot and some of them aren't really worth the money. Finally found a use for the Reaper cowboy models - blue skin makes them into rebel saboteurs, green skin into hired guns.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » June 5th, 2016, 2:27 am

cornixt wrote:Almost half-way through the campaign, rebels have won 3/4 so far, mostly due to me accidentally forgetting lots of rules that would have helped me win. My wife is always confused by the Pierce rules and line-of-sight. My kids want to play it every chance we get. Glad I held off getting the expansions, I've been changing my mind a lot and some of them aren't really worth the money. Finally found a use for the Reaper cowboy models - blue skin makes them into rebel saboteurs, green skin into hired guns.

Long time I've posted here!
I have every single expansion (2 small boxes, 1 big box, 23 ally/villain packs) and I love 'em all. in my humble opinion they really add something and I like a diversity of minis on the board.
This arrived last weekImage

And these were announced a few weeks ago

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby QorDaq » June 5th, 2016, 8:54 am

Still missing

Princess Leia ally pack
Twin Shadows
Hoth
Bespin Gambit (and all ally packs from that wave)

So, mostly I have the base game and a majority of the pre Bespin Ally packs.

And... My gaming group has pretty much quit playing...Doh!

Stiil, I'll likely keep grabbing stuff as I get the chance... Been holding off in preparation for Massive Darkness.
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby cornixt » June 6th, 2016, 12:03 pm

With all the extra upgrades they have picked up in the campaign, my kids get overwhelmed by having to account for too much, making a defeat seem completely unfair. We are only two missions short of finishing the campaign, and I fear it will be a slog to do them. Only going to do one-off missions after that, probably using the automated Emperor rules (RAEV) so it doesn't feel adversarial, and certainly not going to buy any expansions for the extra missions (just for the models if I get any), it's worn us all down. It's just too much for us until the kids are older.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
cornixt

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MarcGoncalves » April 25th, 2017, 4:33 am

Elite Rebel operatives rocks! I've got Star Wars: Imperial Assault Twin Shadows. Need more games like this. Can't get enough of Mos Eisley Cantina...
MarcGoncalves

Hero:

Previous

Return to Other Games Room