• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Escape the curse of the temple KS

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Escape the curse of the temple KS

Postby Sjeng » April 26th, 2014, 2:18 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... pe-big-box

It's a big box, meaning it's the base game, plus ALL expansions ever made, plus lots of new stretch goals.
They also unlocked an extra game for free: Mammut.

Looks nice, and right now there's a flash sale so you can get it all for $70,- with free shipping to United States, Germany,Belgium, and Netherlands. (otherwise it's $75,- so no big deal if you miss it)
Seems like a fun game at good value.

Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Escape the curse of the temple KS

Postby chaoticprime » April 26th, 2014, 8:17 am

Queen Games is synonymous with shady, dishonest, business practices. The original KS for Escape (as well as almost all of their numerous others) was famously late, and in all instances they failed to stay in contact with pledges. They accepted pledges from people in countries that they knew they couldn't ship to (not in US or EU), but didn't inform them that they wouldn't be getting anything for their money.

Their games are mostly rip-offs, and they have ridiculously high-prices for direct-to-customer products. You don't get to charge MSRP if you don't sell retail. That is dishonest. You're paying Fantasy Flight prices for games that use only printed or pre-fabricated components. Their KS bio outright lies about their practices. You can't cut out half of production and all retailers and claim you're creating jobs in the industry. They are literally making their games around the components that they can find cheapest. They have nothing original made that cannot be printed out on paper.

They have also all but admitted that "expansions" were originally component to the basic game, but were stripped out to be used as radically over-priced stretch goals.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » April 26th, 2014, 9:47 am

Yeah I'm on the fence about this one. $70,- seems a bit steep, although depending on the quality of the game pieces it might be fair. But thanks for informing me :)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sjeng » May 4th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Last 2 days. Has anyone ever played this game or owned it? Is it as fun as it looks or should I spend the money on somwthing else...

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » May 7th, 2014, 6:36 am

Well, I decided to go ahead and pledge for it. I snagged an early bird $70,-.
They almost have all the strecthes, about 11k left to go.

Nobody else here interested?

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » May 7th, 2014, 9:23 am

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 7th, 2014, 11:08 am

Where have I heard the name Bob Murch before?
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Other Games Room