• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Custom Zelda Boardgame

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Re: Custom Zelda Boardgame

Postby TMU » August 11th, 2013, 4:48 am

chaoticprime wrote:Knock, knock.

Who's there?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby chaoticprime » August 11th, 2013, 6:00 am

Ennui.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » August 11th, 2013, 6:22 am

Ikävä.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby TMU » August 11th, 2013, 6:52 am

chaoticprime wrote:Ennui.

knightkrawler wrote:Ikävä.

Who are you missing?
"There is no greater danger than playing it safe."

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Slaughtered an Orc! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Second Lieutenant
TMU

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby StratosVX » February 16th, 2014, 4:13 pm

I've always been a fan of the Zelda series and I was recently thinking about modding the HQ rules to make a Zelda version. Then I stumbled on this...

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 16th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Only now do I notice I dis not get the jokes at all, so here goes...

Ennui \ ikävä who?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » February 16th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Ennui = annoying = never hearing "who."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby Malcadon » February 17th, 2014, 5:22 pm

:mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » February 17th, 2014, 9:26 pm

I run a pen & paper game of Doctor Who using the Cubicle Seven rules system (as a general guideline--its really more playing make-believe than actual gaming).
I am usually always the DM, because I'm genius-among-geniuses. My friend Jason (engineering student) was weeks away from moving to South Korea for a semester for school, so he played the "Ninth" Doctor. He chose his Doctor to be played by Stephen Fry. This is the only picture that I have for this campaign, and its a WIP regarding the color version:
ImageImage

I picked up the Doctor's saga assuming that Eight regenerated after the Time War when an unexplained attack on his TARDIS caused massive damage (this was well before the 50th anniversary shenanigans--welcome though they were).

His companions were a mysterious machine-bird named Aleph (voiced by Troy Baker) that the Doctor found stuck to his TARDIS and Samantha Eddington Carter (no relation to Stargate, even though her likeness was based upon Amanda Tapping). Samantha was a military girl from the 51st century whom, after impressing the Doctor but refusing to go with him on the grounds of Duty, reported back to her superiors to find that the Doctor had tampered with the chain of command to get her on semi-permanent assignment with him.

They went on many adventures (like six or seven, with more assumed to have happened). I also planted one clue involving the subject of ship-wrecks in each adventure.

The last adventure was called The Dramune Run, and it was loosely inspired by a Star Frontiers adventure. During it, they found a sequestered portion of the Universe separated by a miasma. They chartered a Millenium Falcon-analog to navigate it, and wound up finding the Wrack--"...works in a similar way to a TARDIS but is a mathematical process rather than a machine. It builds a new-patch of space-time on its target destination, which it then moves itself to: the process leaves dents in the space-time continuum…" The Wrack, being rather sentimental, was responsible for omens regarding dangers while at sea. Being a wrecked vessel itself, it wanted to reach out and warn sailors in the only ways it could figure out how--omens and bad signs. The Doctor (Jason) deduced that all the signs were pointing to his own ship wreck.

While this was going down, Samantha's BioData turned out to be unique in the then-300th century and she sold a copy to the databanks. Human-modification was all the rage, and truly beautiful human women were just not available. Also, Aleph turned out to be a malfunctioned Dalek TARDIS-Sapper Droid from the Time War, and was also the source of Eight's demise and the current Doctor's regenerated form.

They found nothing in the sequestered space. Except for a renegade Time Lord ruling a Dyson Sphere of monsters, the Could-Have-Been-King (hereafter referred to as the King). Basically, he was a badass TL back in the OS with Rassilon and Omega. He invented Regeneration. He was isolated during the Time War, millions of years past, with millions of fellow Time Lords. He got bored, and wanted to live forever, so he led a Time-Lord group called the Meanwhiles--Time Lords that hunted down their fellows to steal their regenerations. The King lied to them, however, and their "cannibalism" methods were incorrect and they became monsters driven insane by forcing their consciousnesses into bodies not meant for them. Hence the name "meanwhile." The other baddies were Neverweres--they were sort of like the ghosts of to-bo-regenerated-in-to Time Lords. Whenever a Meanwhile regenerates in a stolen body, the original next incarnation intended for that body is rejected for the occupant's. Sometimes the "aborted" Time Lord doesn't simply fade away, but manifests as an angry spirit--they literally never were.

The King used a machine to capture the Doctor in the TARDIS, and revealed that all he needed was a TARDIS to link into the heart of his Sphere to get it back to actual space. The Doctor figured out that no part of defeating the King to stop him from escaping back into the rest of the Universe required avoiding a TARDIS-wreck. It was the opposite, in fact. It was not a warning the Wrack had given, it was the solution. The Doctor trumped the King by turning off his TARDIS' helmic regulator, gravitic anomaliser and various other important things (after sending Samantha and Aleph packing into the 300th century in their spaceship). The Sphere-come-TARDIS immediately fell out of normal space into into the Time Vortex where, without the shields on, it was torn apart. The TARDIS survived when the Doctor got the shields up in time, but the King made it with him. The King, finding out that there were now only two Time Lords, refused to be responsible for the extinction of his own species and killed himself by stepping out into the Time Vortex. The Doctor couldn't find his way out, but got unexpected aid from a "race" of sentient radiation that had come about as a result of his adventuring. They announced that they had evolved to a great enough point that they could light him a path back to the Universe, but it would require passing through a field of electroweakness that could destroy the TARDIS. The Doctor took the risk, and set his coordinates to "anywhere not Earth," fearing collateral damage. He passed through the field and was mortally electrocuted. The TARDIS materialized on Earth's moon. Something was wrong, because as his regeneration began to occur, the far off Earth vanished in front of his eyes. He said, "Earth? Oh, bugger" and regenerated.

Anyhow, I'll get to the point of all this. He regenerated into a new Doctor played by my friend Jared, who chose the actor likeness of Hugh Laurie (Doctor House was mentioned above). His Doctor is nothing like House, however, as he's really inspired more by old-school Laurie, particularly from A Bit of Fry and Laurie, hence the actor-choice.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby mako-heart » February 17th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Image Its your thread!! :lol:
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games Room