• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Heroica (LEGO)

Topics relating to Fantasy Games not listed above.

Heroica (LEGO)

Postby Sjeng » February 1st, 2013, 2:40 pm

Today I picked this up for only €3,50 at a thrift shop near where I work:

Lego Heroica. Seems like a nice game. There are several expansions for this. It's a simple dungeon crawler. :D
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Heroica (LEGO)

Postby knightkrawler » February 1st, 2013, 3:14 pm

great to introduce children to HeroQuest, I keep reading everywhere.
Try it out and post a battle report. These games are frequently 50% off in Germany...
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Sinned » February 1st, 2013, 6:47 pm

Played it once a year ago. Very simple, and very small.
A while ago all sets were on sale for a package price of € 35 at a local toy store.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » February 17th, 2013, 9:18 pm

I've been wanting to get this...and the expansions. It is fairly simple game play, from what I can tell.
Honestly...I know it would make a board game seem even more game-ish and childish...but I think
using these sets along with heroquest rules would be excellent. Offers a lot of options and potential.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Schmidt » February 20th, 2014, 3:15 pm

We have all 5 now. It is great fun with our expanded rules. I should prob. write them down. We have a LEGO shop in town that sells spare parts. He had 8000 tiles with 1 knob in different colors at ~0.12€

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Schmidt

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » February 20th, 2014, 5:51 pm

I hate how it is off scale compared to normal lego.
The game doesn't look so big that they couldn't have used normal lego-men...

Meh... :(

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » February 20th, 2014, 5:53 pm

I bought that for my nephew for Christmas a couple of years ago. Never did find out if he liked it or not.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » February 20th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Sjeng...take a look on LEGO's website. Some of their sets have some GREAT
additional figures you could use to increase the fun of those games.

The Monster Fighters sets, for example - great monsters:
http://monsterfighters.lego.com/en-us/M ... mpyre.aspx

Here's the rest of the pages...the Hobbit has a lot, of course.
http://www.lego.com/en-us/products

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Malcadon » February 20th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Have anyone here came up with house rules to expand on the Heroica game? I have seen a great expansion to the game called Advanced Epic Battle Heroica, by Jason Glover. He really adds a lot to the game, and it is definitely worth checking out! Guilherme S. Tows, Robert Potter and Dave Brit made a neat little expansion to the game, that also adds heroes, monsters, and treasure form other Lego boardgame sets.

If one want to expanded Heroica game set with new props and/or new sub-rules, then I recommend checking out other Lego boardgame sets. Orient Bazaar for example, has great props for coins (60 of them, and they are all shinny), potions and treasure. It also has some figures that can serve as merchants (for in-game trading) or desert bandits. Magikus also has some good props for potions. Minoturus has 12 color-coded soldiers (3 per color) that can serve as henchmen or as extra enemies, and that Minotaur would make a great boss monster. Lava Dragon has some Knights and a bitchen' black dragon (with mount for a rider)! Ramese Pyramid has Mummies and a scorpion. Pirate Plank has some cool pirate figures and a small ship set. Magma Monster has a cool lava set. Ninjago (the Board Game) has ninjas and skeletons and an oriental playset. Legends of Chima has a dozen figures (3 colors, 4 each) for monsters or henchmen. And the Hogwarts set alone would make for one crazy-ass dungeon adventure! It also has a cool map piece that can be used as a Treasure Map for finding hidden items or areas, if you are using exploration rules. Mind you, this is if you have a whole lot of cash to sink! :?

I also found out that they made Lego Lord of the Rings: The Battle of Helm's Deep that uses the Heroica rules! And It has over 30 figures! :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Malcadon

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Lego Heroica

Postby Decipher » February 15th, 2016, 10:33 pm

[This topic was merged on 4/27]

I have had two boxes of this game setting in my closet since 2012. WalMart had them on sale for 9 bucks per box. I picked two, up but looking back, I should have gotten four. If you haven't ever played Heroica, you are missing out. It is almost exactly like HeroQuest, only Lego's. We have Lego night one night every month, just as a family thing so we decided to bust out both sets of this game this month. The two things I like the most about this game is the fact it basically is HQ and the other is if you have spare Lego's, you can make your own castle rooms. Ebay has the sets the cheapest in bulk or you might be able to find them on sale at a big chain retailer. Either way, if you haven't played Heroica, you are missing out. Who wouldn't like HQ and Lego's in one game?

Last edited by Daedalus on April 27th, 2016, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged topics

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Other Games Room