• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Sjeng's Warhammer Quest haul and restoration

Topics relating to WarhammerQuest.

Sjeng's Warhammer Quest haul and restoration

Postby Sjeng » August 4th, 2017, 3:45 pm

I recently acquired a good looking copy of WHQ for about €65,-. Yessir. It included the 3 treasure packs and the Lair of the Orc Lord.
Before you faint or start hating me, stuff was missing. Basegame was complete but for 1 treasure card (a ring of healing I believe), and a treasure card from one of the packs. Also all the Room treasure cards were missing...
No Squig present, and no tiles from the Orc Lord. Also I found 5 booklets and cards for 5 other heroes, but sadly no miniatures... It seems there are cards in here of 3 base games, yet only enough minis for 1 set, and 1 set of tiles.
But the rest looks amazingly well kept.

Except for the box, that was patched up with brown packing tape! That will not do! So I started my restoration:

So I'm gonna try and find those missing cards, or find a printing shop that can print them like the originals. Perhaps the 3 Orc tiles too.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Sjeng's Warhammer Quest haul and restoration

Postby Fallensaviour » August 4th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Excellent score congrats!!!

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
Fallensaviour

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Figomurphy » August 4th, 2017, 6:06 pm

I have all of those heroes but need character cards. I won't part with the figures but I have some spare original tiles if your interested in a trade?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Figomurphy

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » August 4th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Psshh...lucky...

Not jealous or anything...
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » August 6th, 2017, 3:20 am

Figomurphy wrote:I have all of those heroes but need character cards. I won't part with the figures but I have some spare original tiles if your interested in a trade?

If I had more I'd happily trade, but as it is, I only have 1 card for each addon Hero, and 1 booklet. So now I could proxy them with random minis that look like them.

The original hero cards I have duplicates of I could trade, but you're probably not talking about those are you?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 26th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Congratulations, Sjeng. My set and expansions have taken a bit of damage, but I'm lucky to have collected back in the day. Nice restoration.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Headbangert » January 25th, 2018, 2:47 pm

My box is also 'a little' beat up :) Did the restouration work out good? And what is it you have done excactly?
Bang some head!
Headbangert

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member

Return to WarhammerQuest Room