• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dragon Strike HyperReality Video

Topics related to Dragon Strike.

Re: Dragon Strike HyperReality Video

Postby Daedalus » October 22nd, 2012, 4:47 pm

wolfie907 wrote:the round based miniatures used in the video does anyone know where they are from and how to get ahold of some the bugbear was an old ral partha i have the pewter one but im curious about them they look to be of higher quality than the ones that come with the game

In 1993 Ral Partha made a Dragonstrike boxed set based on the video. There's a set on Ebay right now, check here. Those minis are better, but the only monster included is the dragon (not the one in the video).

You should check out this minis site. Checking out Ral Partha's 1993 catalogue quickly found me the red death knight figures with the squarish bases called a Deathmaster (01-604, next to the Ogre Miniatures ad). The video red dragon appears to be the Evil Dragon figure (02-955, next to the Rune Quest stuff). You might want to check out the Scorpionman in the Rune Quest stuff as well (18-010). The bugbears you mentioned appear to come from the Basic Dungeons and Dragons Monsters Box (10-512). The blue troll appears to be the Troll from the AD&D Monsters (11-408). The blue gargoyles may be the Gargoyles (11-433). It looks like the red Tereptus figure is the high-level Magic User (01-317). The stone giant is the two-part Stone Giant without his axe (11-403). Try these on ebay and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to locate what you want.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby wolfie907 » October 23rd, 2012, 1:13 am

cool thanks i appreciate it

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby wolfie907 » October 23rd, 2012, 1:24 am

i bookmarked that site ral partha was always my favorite manufacturer they dont make em like that anymore

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ragnar IronFist » November 19th, 2013, 10:48 pm

That video is mor fun than Mystery Science Theater.
Ragnar IronFist

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 22nd, 2014, 1:05 pm

Upon reading an article about Dragon Strike, I had the good forturne? to come upon this gem. I humbly present to you the wonders of Wild Space in all of it's HyperReality glory well, the trailer, anyway. Because one just wasn't enough.

UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby aaronAGN » March 28th, 2018, 8:12 am

Oooh dear god that's terrible!!!
aaronAGN

Storm Master
Storm Master

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 28th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Ypou clicked this?
That's like opening a file attached to a mail from a dubious Amazon seller you can't seem to remember buying anything from and who's particularly bad at grammar and spelling.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » March 28th, 2018, 4:36 pm

apart from the special trailer... is there a game called Wild Space? Never heard about it. Maybe it has some cool minis too?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » May 25th, 2018, 1:25 am

Those HyperReality videos are the gaming equivalent of Rick-rolling.

I don't think a game was ever created called Wild Space. There was Spelljammer, but that was an RPG. I was lucky enough to play on the squidship for a demo at GenCon. Awesome model.

As a boardgame, get the story here.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » May 25th, 2018, 3:43 am

Daedalus wrote:Upon reading an article about Dragon Strike, I had the good forturne? to come upon this gem. I humbly present to you the wonders of Wild Space in all of it's HyperReality glory well, the trailer, anyway. Because one just wasn't enough.

What the freak? Am watching Monty Python in space?

That Arakilla though... |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Strike Room