• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dragon Strike Quest pack

Topics related to Dragon Strike.

Re: Dragon Strike Quest pack

Postby SirRick » January 8th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Was this quest pack ever finished?

I saw the cover in a google search, and it looked great so I tried to find the completed quest book but I can't find anything.

Also I see where quest examples were posted, but I can't view them, there is just a picture that says I have to allow 3rd party hosting, but I'm not sure what that means.

Rewards:
Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
SirRick

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » January 8th, 2018, 8:08 pm

SirRick wrote:Was this quest pack ever finished?

I saw the cover in a google search, and it looked great so I tried to find the completed quest book but I can't find anything.

Also I see where quest examples were posted, but I can't view them, there is just a picture that says I have to allow 3rd party hosting, but I'm not sure what that means.

That is the great photobucket caper. When they decided to throw their company in the garbage by charging people.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » January 9th, 2018, 10:33 am

Lord Narran's Battles?

StratosVX compiled a very fancy version of Dewayne Agin's original which is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AFqO ... hYUlE/view

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » January 9th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Spookyhappyfun wrote:

Lord Narran's Battles?

StratosVX compiled a very fancy version of Dewayne Agin's original which is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AFqO ... hYUlE/view

Thanks a lot for posting this Spooky. Will definitely print this off and give it a go sometime.

Out of interest, has anyone here played any of this pack? It looks quirky as hell compared to official Heroquest, but a lot of fun at the same time.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 9th, 2018, 9:16 pm

The one by Nephew of Mentor was never finished. In fact, it was never started. Well, I never started on it. The files he gave me were incomplete and he had special rules for the quests, but he never sent me those rules. I asked him to send this stuff over to me, but I never got a response.

Here's the link for what he gave me, although it is incomplete.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » February 13th, 2019, 1:20 pm

StratosVX wrote:

The one by Nephew of Mentor was never finished. In fact, it was never started. Well, I never started on it. The files he gave me were incomplete and he had special rules for the quests, but he never sent me those rules. I asked him to send this stuff over to me, but I never got a response.

Here's the link for what he gave me, although it is incomplete.

So it sound like someone needs to finish the work that has been done so far. :( To bad Nephew of Mentor never gave you the special rules, which makes me think this project will have to get started from the being again.
:skeleton: "In The End We Are All Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Hagdorm » March 24th, 2019, 5:11 pm

Hi folks, long time lurker on Ye Olde Inn. I recently found this quest pack in Stratos Google Drive link, and I feel like the project may not be a total loss. We have the converted quests (typos need to be fixed, but that's negligible), and the converted monster links that Nephew of Mentor posted (way back on the 2nd page) are still up and available. In fact, the entire Photobucket is still accessible, which also includes converted character cards for the Dragon Strike heroes. Nephew had special rules, but we have access to the original source material, so it may be possible to suss out what those rules were (I suspect they primarily have to do with feats, like climbing), or define our own to complete at least a version of this quest pack, even if it's not exactly as Nephew envisioned.
Hagdorm

Hero:

Postby StratosVX » March 24th, 2019, 6:36 pm

I'd say that's better than nothing. I don't have time to do anything with it. I haven't even had time to help Anderas rewrite Heroscribe yet, and that will be the bigger priority for me anyway.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Hagdorm » March 26th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Does anyone happen to have Sjeng's DS board scans? The photobucket link points to low res versions of the high res files he posted about. I PM'd Sjeng but haven't heard back yet. It'll be hard to work on this pack without the boards :P
Hagdorm

Hero:

Postby StratosVX » March 26th, 2019, 2:42 pm

I don't know if the ones I have are from Sjeng, but check the "My Dragon Strike files" link in my signature for the boards I do have.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups: