• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Steam

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Steam

Postby Crusader » August 16th, 2020, 8:35 am

Has anyone got the desktop simulator associated with Steam? I've had a look and as well as loads of games, including several for Heroquest, there is one Advanced Heroquest game which looks like a perfect recreation of the "board game". If anyone has got Steam, have you got the Advanced Heroquest game and if so, is it any good?
Crusader

Goblin
Goblin

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Steam

Postby Kurgan » April 4th, 2022, 11:05 am

Table Top Simulator is the name of the product, and there are many HeroQuest mods for it (the mods are free to install, created by fans).

I had a lot of trouble getting it working when I had Windows 7, a lot of glitches and some of the mods were poorly maintained so didn't always work. I never got to play it online with anyone.

When I "upgraded" to Windows 10, I was never able to get the program to launch again. There was a huge thread on steam forums dedicated to squashing technical problems but despite what people suggested I never got it working again.

There was a member on the forums here who really promoted it and was willing to help out, and he's got a discord as well if you are interested in finding people to play with.

I had better luck just pointing my camera at the actual board over Zoom or facebook video, though scheduling the time is the real trick with people these days. "Games in your Area" forum has gotten me a few games here though! Just be prepared that the games can go long as you try to match up everything on both sides.

Here's one thread about the remake assets. The user's name is Azure and here's a thread here discussing it.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room