• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Item Cards

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Item Cards

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » March 3rd, 2018, 7:28 am

Hi all !

Here are my actual work on Items Cards for Advanced Heroquest. For now, there are Potions, Blade Venom, Magical Rings, Amulets and Talismans. All of those are in french and are not used to replace dice rolling on various treasures tables, but to have a quick and easy reading on each item you have in possession. More items are to come, like Magic Weapons, Armours, Cloaks, Magic Jewels and so on.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT !!

Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Item Cards

Postby knightkrawler » March 3rd, 2018, 8:28 am

I must say I do not like the use of space.
Titles and pictures are too tight, text is too close to the edge.
I also find the red lettering too glaring.

But I loooove the background parchment texture. Can I pleeeeeeeeeease have the file to see if I can use it for my own cards??
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 4th, 2018, 6:22 pm

It created an optical illusion on my screen. The top and bottom lines jump from straight to not straight.

For potions, using the top right corner to free up more space does work but you're going to need to spend more time on the spaceing (I alwasy say this), agreed with Knightcrawler. Lay out is key. Perhaps a shaded light version of the bottle under the text would free up more space or keep it top right but completely remove the black background square. Use a drop shadow.

Can't comment on the text as i don't speak french. You'd need to ditch as many words as possible. Center alignment usually works best. A few cards have more space at the bottom to free up edge spacing but the cards with a lot of text is too much text.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » March 4th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Another piece of advice. Work on perfecting the things you have instead of cluttering your self with bulk. Otherwise you'll end up with too much and an unperfected project.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room