• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Advanced Heroquest the video game ? UPDATE !

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Advanced Heroquest the video game ? UPDATE !

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 19th, 2016, 6:19 pm

Hi all !!

I'm totally crazy, sure of that.... I'm working on a RPG Maker XP version of Advanced Heroquest. The result is a mix between Final Fantasy (the very first one) and the true Advanced Heroquest game. It's really strange and amazing to see painted models begin to move, casting spells and fighting each other.... Here are some pictures of that futur game. Am I a psychopath or some sort ?????

See, below, some pictures AND a Demo Video (10 minutes MP4) to download. The game is in french, but voices are in english.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3429ku

Or you can watch this video on YOUTUBE here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWWA-Bun6eE

Last edited by Valnar Nightrunner on September 7th, 2016, 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Advanced Heroquest the video game ?

Postby Mophus » July 20th, 2016, 5:30 am

:ugeek: Welcome to the asylum, where the great ideas are born. I like the journey map and the scans of the minis by the dialoge box. What about placing an amber filter over the grey walls in the battle mode?

Are you planning to include all the original quests, too?

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 20th, 2016, 3:14 pm

:) Definitely going to keep my eye on this!

Isn't Magnus' full name Magnus The Bright? ;)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 21st, 2016, 10:43 am

Gold Bearer wrote::) Definitely going to keep my eye on this!

Isn't Magnus' full name Magnus The Bright? ;)

Yes, exactly. But in french it's Magnus le Flamboyant (because of his College of Magic, Bright College, Collège Flamboyant in French). In august i'll send a demo version with the animated presentation of the four characters. :)

Ho by the way, the game is in french :?
Maître Haut Elfe sur un arbre perché, tenait dans son bec l'Enclume des nains.... (Ca sent la fracture de Crâne) http://ahqnewgen.clicforum.com/index.php
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 21st, 2016, 10:46 am

Mophus wrote::ugeek: Welcome to the asylum, where the great ideas are born. I like the journey map and the scans of the minis by the dialoge box. What about placing an amber filter over the grey walls in the battle mode?

Are you planning to include all the original quests, too?

Good suggestion for the philter, I'll do that. Thanks !!

Yes my plan is to include all the original quests, ans especially "the Quest for the Shattered Amulet", but the first version will be a demo and it will present the characters and a single dungeon with three levels. :mrgreen:
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » July 21st, 2016, 11:03 am

Cool project. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 21st, 2016, 11:24 am

QorDaq wrote:Cool project. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

maj!

The project is progressing faster than I expected, it's really easy in fact. I'll send all the material (pictures of the characters, tilesets, icons and pictures for the animations) and maybe a link for downloading the programm of RPG maker XP. You'll be able to make your own quest with that.

For the sound ambiance, music are from Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Darksiders.
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 21st, 2016, 1:18 pm

Are you going to put the four HQ heroes in as there's stats and rules for them included in AHQ? Also what about furniture?

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:In august i'll send a demo version with the animated presentation of the four characters. :)
:D

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:Ho by the way, the game is in french :?
:? I don't speak Kermit.

Edit:
What names does AHQ give for the four HQ heroes?
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Valnar Nightrunner » July 21st, 2016, 4:09 pm

Gold Bearer wrote:Are you going to put the four HQ heroes in as there's stats and rules for them included in AHQ? Also what about furniture?

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:In august i'll send a demo version with the animated presentation of the four characters. :)
:D

Valnar Nightrunner wrote:Ho by the way, the game is in french :?
:? I don't speak Kermit.

Edit:
What names does AHQ give for the four HQ heroes?

Well, Rogar the Barbarian, Telor the Wizard, Ladril the High Elf, and Durgin the Dwarf.
Valnar Nightrunner

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » July 21st, 2016, 4:34 pm

Hmm, same as the hero original heroes in the HQ lore, not the current ones. I've always thought of AHQ being later in the timeline then HQ.

I'm sure I've seen them somewhere official with different names.

Rewards:
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room