• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Was this released in the US?

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Re: Was this released in the US?

Postby chaoticprime » Sunday December 15th, 2013 5:52pm

I have Terror in the Dark, and I got it from an American.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Cael Darkhollow » Monday October 5th, 2020 4:15am

Yes Advanced HeroQuest, the Paint set and Terror in the Dark expansions all were sold in the U.S.
I got mine in a hobby shop that sold D&D, Warhammer, comics, and other board games.
HeroQuest, the 4 U.S. HQ expansions (but not Wizards of Morcar or Against the Ogre horde or the Design kit) and Battlemasters were available in larger retail stores. I got mine at K-Mart and Shopko.
By Crom I'll split you crown to crotch to see if your guts are yellow as I think they are nithing.BARBARIAN Ulrich
The last music you shall ever hear will be my bowstring as your forehead sprouts a feathered shaft, pity.ELF Cael Darkhollow
Tomes grimoires manuals atlas formularies compendiums codexes bestiaries folios scrolls... Am I missing anything before we leave?WIZARD Eldritch Ulrich Heironymous Kigam Magister
Some quick axe work an' we can count the coins and gems.DWARF Wulfram Magnussen
Cael Darkhollow

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » Monday February 8th, 2021 1:29pm

Hero Quest, KK & ROTWL and Battlemasters were definitely released in retail in the US. I wonder if those specialty shops imported Advanced Hero Quest from the UK and that's why they carried it? I guess if the suggested retail price was in pounds vs. dollars that would answer that question.

Does anybody recall seeing EQP or BQP in regular stores? I never saw them and never heard about them except through the mail order fliers included with KK/ROTWL.
Kurgan

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:

Previous

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room