• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Which miniatures do I get?

Topics related to Games Workshops Advanced HeroQuest.

Re: Which miniatures do I get?

Postby Goblin-King » June 20th, 2013, 8:29 am

WHQ had too few tiles? I think it has plenty?! :S

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » June 23rd, 2013, 8:50 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Well, at least they redeemed themselves later with Warhammer Quest.

Amen to that. I'm so glad I got off the fence and bought it when it was on the shelves. Nearly broke my buget back then.

chaoticprime wrote:Only Warhammer Quest had too few tiles. One or the other, apparently.

The problem I had was a shortage of doorways.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » June 23rd, 2013, 10:49 pm

Goblin-King wrote:WHQ had too few tiles? I think it has plenty?! :S

Compared to AHQ, at least.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 24th, 2013, 1:20 am

The WHQ tiles has brought me safely through a lot of homemade rpg through the ages.
I never even played the actual game! Just used the tiles and minis. :D

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » June 24th, 2013, 1:26 am

Goblin-King wrote:The WHQ tiles has brought me safely through a lot of homemade rpg through the ages.
I never even played the actual game! Just used the tiles and minis. :D

Yeah, thats a common tale for WHQ and AHQ alike. I have heard that from many folks over the years.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » June 24th, 2013, 9:25 am

I'm not saying the rules are complicated - but they are TOO complicated :(
HQ has rules that you can read through in 15 minutes.

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » June 24th, 2013, 2:53 pm

Goblin-King wrote:HQ has rules that you can read through in 15 minutes.

HA! The European versions, yes.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » June 25th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Goblin-King wrote:I'm not saying the rules are complicated - but they are TOO complicated :(
HQ has rules that you can read through in 15 minutes.

Playing just with the Rules of Basic Play ain't so bad, I'd say. The game is fiendishly difficult to win with just those, however. Adding in the next level of rules that allow for advancement help with the winning part, but add that complexity problem you're talking about. I see why you are a Hero Quest fan.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » June 28th, 2013, 6:57 am

Another question on those minis. There was a leaflet in the box with all the minis from the tokens. Are those minis still around? Pretty expensive I guess. I'd like to see if I can make a list of minis to use as proxy to replace the tokens.

The last one is from the booklet from Terror in the Dark.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sinned » June 29th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Sjeng wrote:Another question on those minis. There was a leaflet in the box with all the minis from the tokens. Are those minis still around? Pretty expensive I guess. I'd like to see if I can make a list of minis to use as proxy to replace the tokens.

Good luck on finding them for a good price.
I have 2 for sale: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1407

As you might know, I'm collecting the AHQ minis as seen in the rulebook as well: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=1660

Besides these, I also have the Troll.

Some are hard to find and the big ones (Troll, Ogres, Deamon, etc) can go over € 25 for just 1 mini. I was lucky to get the Troll for € 12. The Orc Warchief was also a great find; there had been one on eBay several months for € 25 or something like that. After months of checking there was a new listing of that mini and I was the winner: € 6.

Most of the other minis shown above were in a AHQ lot I won on eBay. 30+ minis for +-€ 45 including shipping. One of my best eBay deals (and I'm not just talking about HQ/AHQ deals) ever.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters.
Sinned

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced HeroQuest Room