• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Gallery

All Ye Olde Inn related announcements will be available here for all Guests to read.

Gallery

Postby drathe » May 7th, 2011, 3:56 pm

To correspond with the Artists' group Artwork Requests project, we launched a new forum Gallery this week. There is a new link for the Gallery in the forum header between the FAQ and Members links. The Artchives within are for members of the Artists' group to upload, store and present their finished works. Members of the forum will be able to use the artwork available here for their HeroQuest projects. Members may also comment on and rate the artwork available in the Gallery Albums.

When viewing an image, there are details for use in adding the image to a post on the forum such as the BBcode and image URL.

We also have plans to add a Showcase album to the gallery for all members to use in displaying their finished Miniatures, Furniture and other Custom HeroQuest items like finished game Chests.

Check it out!

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Gallery

Postby torilen » May 7th, 2011, 8:35 pm

I might suggest...place a notice or disclaimer that the art posted would be "open for use as desired" or
"open for use only for items posted back on the forum", or something along those lines, so that those
looking to use the artwork knows how it can be used. You know...copyright and all...we all wanted to
make sure we're covered.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » May 8th, 2011, 4:34 am

I don't know how to upload artwork. I have a couple of useful bits I think

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 8th, 2011, 12:30 pm

torilen wrote:I might suggest...place a notice or disclaimer that the art posted would be "open for use as desired" or
"open for use only for items posted back on the forum", or something along those lines, so that those
looking to use the artwork knows how it can be used. You know...copyright and all...we all wanted to
make sure we're covered.

This was the purpose of the whole project. Art by forum members free to be used by forum members. If anyone wants to add any extra limitations, they may do so in the description area when uploading their art.
Ethica wrote:I don't know how to upload artwork. I have a couple of useful bits I think

For the Artchives, only members of the Artists group can upload images. It's an open group and any may join it. After that, there will be a button like the New Topic buttons in the forum labelled as New Image. Then it's like making a post. Insert the name of the image, fill out a description. There will be an area below the description for uploading your image and details on max pixel/file size and file types allowed. (which are GIF, JPG and PNG)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » May 8th, 2011, 8:17 pm

i really like the stuff u have posted drathe, very cool and HQ :D
i know that yr using a vector based program illustrator, but which 1?
as u probably guessed i used pixel based 1's like photoshop, coral paint, gimp and sketch programs like adobe sketch or art rage.
i might post up a few 3d images from maya or z-brush, i've made some mesh's, a fimm and started a goblin in z-brush it just getting the time to finish them!

and to all of u artists keep up the good work that i've seen so far |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » May 29th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:i know that yr using a vector based program illustrator, but which 1?

Sorry, I somehow missed this before.

I use Inkscape to vectorise and Photoshop for editing purposes. Explained in a tutorial I posted.

I'm seriously considering scrapping the Website Gallery and transferring everything to the Forum Gallery and pointing the link on the Website to the Forum Gallery instead. It may encourage people browsing the Website to sign-up and contribute their artwork and images and allows them to do so without contacting me and waiting for me to have enough time to create a section for them. This will likely happen when I add the Showcase Album.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Announcements