• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

A Call to Arms

All Ye Olde Inn related announcements will be available here for all Guests to read.

A Call to Arms

Postby drathe » February 21st, 2013, 1:24 am

The Innkeepers have been back-logged for quite a while. "Coming Soon" labels have been sitting on the Home Pages for ages. There's just too much to do and not enough time for us to do it. This is where the community comes in.

The Innkeepers are looking for community members to help out with various unfinished projects here at Ye Olde Inn. This includes everything from getting resources online, populating the Home Pages with fan content, gathering links and pictures, as well as Home Page and Forum translations. We need you!

Resources
We have quest book, card and other resource scans for various languages that need to be prepared before going online.
We require community members with access to, and experience in Photoshop, or similar graphics programs to "straighten" book pages and cards. Most of the scans we receive, especially cards are slightly turned either clockwise, or counter clockwise. We would like the pages and cards aligned so the text for these resources are as horizontally straight as possible. Why? Because we're anal. Aligning the files is not difficult to do, but takes a lot of time. If there are any members who would like to assist us with preparing these resources, please PM me (drathe) and I will make the files available to you. Once you're finished straightening the files, send them back and I will compile the pages and cards into my templates and make them available for everyone on the Home Page.

Fan Content
As we finish completing the resource section of the Home Pages, the area that will keep visitors coming back to the Inn will be the fan-made section. It is an ever growing area that needs more attention. There is a tonne of fan content available on the forum that deserves a better spotlight. We ask all members who would like to see their content available on the Home Pages to post links to their works in this thread. Having access to everything in one place will make it easier for us to obtain your files and make them available on the Home Pages for everyone to enjoy.

Home Page Translation
This has been an ongoing project for many years. We would like to see the Home Pages available 100% in every language HeroQuest was released in. More information about this project can be found here.

Forum Translation
This is also an ongoing project. Information can be found here. Translating the forum components has not been as simple as translating the Home Pages. However, it can be. We have the power. It can actually be even simpler. We would like to give some of our members who are fluent in both English and another language that HeroQuest was released in limited access to the Language section of the Administration Control Panel. From there, they can directly translate the common forum components into their language and apply them to the forum instantly. Interested members may PM me (drathe). We only need one person for each language. This will ensure no two people are working with the language components at the same time, accidentally applying their timely work over someone else's.

Gathering Links
We would like to reconstruct the Links pages on the Home Page. Members who have their own HeroQuest Website (forums and Blogs included) may post links to them in this thread. We will gather and add them to the Links Pages when we reconstruct them. We will not however, add links to Websites that host content created or compiled by other community members without their consent.

Gathering Pictures
We would like to further populate the Home Page Gallery. Members who would like their painted miniatures displayed on the Home Pages should let us know by posting in this thread with links to the images they would like displayed. Members who have pictures uploaded to our own forum gallery will have additional links added to bring members back to the image in the forum gallery where members can post comments and rate their miniatures.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: A Call to Arms

Postby mako-heart » February 21st, 2013, 7:03 pm

This is my first attempt at doing a link But feel free to use any of my Gallery images or anything of mine. I wish i could help out more. Everyone at the inn knows i'm a useless computer guy. The Call to Arms is heard loud and clear! i'm trying to help as much as I can
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 22nd, 2013, 1:47 am

Yes, it's heard.
With so many projects oon my back - writing my houserules, buying/converting/incorporating minis & materials - I'm not the one to make big promises though I'd like to.
Japanes HQ coming up to be translated, too...
But if anyone gives me little chunks of tasks like translating stuff I'll do it. Just point me to it.

I can do English->German and German->English,
and French->German or French->English, although there are better suited native French speakers around, of course.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » February 22nd, 2013, 9:49 am

I don't have Photoshop...so I don't think I'd be much help with the resources. And I can't do foreign languages worth
beans - I took five years of spanish (3 in high school and 2 in college) and got D's straight across. Worst time of my life.

I can, however, help with the fan section. If you want, I could work my way through the fan material and find those whose
materials should be spotlighted better - you know, those who have had a lot of downloads and comments...those who have
a lot of work put together, things like that.

Would that help?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » February 26th, 2013, 2:20 pm

That will work out nicely Spiky. Thank you.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » February 26th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Note to self....

Karlen's Circlet Artifacts:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1584&hilit=karlen#p18082

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby washi » February 26th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Quest 1 to 4 of Kellar's Keep translated to Portuguese.

Work in progress...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » February 26th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Armadilha em Kellar's Keep exists in Portuguese already. We just don't any scans of it.

http://www.yeoldeinn.com/br-kellars-keep.php

Just my opinion, but it might be better to translate some of the other material that wasn't released in Brazil. This would help draw new members from the Portuguese community who may have Armadilha em Kellar's Keep in their possession and they could scan it for us.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby washi » February 26th, 2013, 2:53 pm

That's the problem. Return of Witch Lord exists in Portuguese and has scans, but I can't find someone to scan Armadilha em Kellar's Keep...
I'll start to translate Against the Ogre Horde, but I really want Kellar's Keep to play with some friends this year.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
washi

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: Português (Brasil)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Announcements