• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Help us improve the forum

Are you having problems, or is there a Forum section you would like added? Let us know!
Forum rules
Please post only issues relating to the Ye Olde Inn Community Forums. Issues relating to the http://www.yeoldeinn.com/ Website and its pages or Blog do not go here.

Re: Help us improve the forum

Postby drathe » October 6th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Spoiler tag fixed. Images can now be placed inside them.

There are two types of spoilers. One that shows a black bar hiding the goodies. Click on it and the goodies appear. Have a cookie! :cookie: This one can be placed in-line.

The other lets you title your spoilers. It's the one with the = sign in it. Put your title after the = sign.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Want a cookie?
No cookies for you. :twisted:

This one lets you reveal and then obsure the spoiler. This one appears on a separate line entirely. Kinda like a quote does.

Then there's spoilers inside spoilers.
Just use another spoiler tag inside the original. Up to 5 nested spoilers are allowed. (this number can be changed if we really need it)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » October 6th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Looks good. White background is a bit bright. I'd change it to the same background as normal once it's revealed. Other than that looks good.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » October 6th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Used Corridor Grey for the background and matched the border of the spoiler box to the horizontal rule lines.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Maike05 » October 6th, 2013, 5:17 pm

cool feature, but change the black color to purple color like the title of the forum ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby IvenBach » October 6th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Had to ctrl+F5 to clear the cache but now it's looking better. Seems you got that festering boil lanced right away!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby drathe » October 9th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Maike05 wrote:cool feature, but change the black color to purple color like the title of the forum ;)

Is this a serious suggestion? If yes, how about trap orange since in most cases, the stuff that's being hidden is trap-like. :)

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Maike05 » October 9th, 2013, 4:24 pm

drathe wrote:
Maike05 wrote:cool feature, but change the black color to purple color like the title of the forum ;)

Is this a serious suggestion? If yes, how about trap orange since in most cases, the stuff that's being hidden is trap-like. :)

also fine by me ;)
As the forum uses HeroQuest color scheme, let's blend it in !

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby Big Bene » April 29th, 2014, 3:08 am

I would like to see a function to show forum entries by date. It happened all too often to me that I didn't have the time to read through all "new posts", and when I came back they were already gone (not "new" anymore). So if I just could have the possibility to just look up the posts of the last X days, that would be very helpful. Or is there already such a function? Didn't find it...
Last edited by Big Bene on April 29th, 2014, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: What would you like to see at Ye Olde Inn?

Postby drathe » May 2nd, 2014, 3:07 pm

Big Bene wrote:I would like to see a function to show forum entries by date. It happened all too often to me that I didn't have the time to read through all "new posts", and when I came back they were already gone (not "new" anymore). So if I just could have the possibility to just look up the posts of the last X days, that would be very helpful. Or is there already such a function? Didn't find it...

There is a limited function for that found here:
On the index page...
Index wrote:View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts (#) • View active topics

View active topics shows the most recently active topics in the past 7 days. There is a dropdown at the bottom where you can select different results: 1 day, 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, & 1 year.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby FainFlynn » February 27th, 2015, 5:53 pm

This is a hard question to answer. I love this site and have used your downloads with great success! I began painting my figures like I did as a kid so I hope to post pics soon!
FainFlynn

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Discussion Room