• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Golden Axe Quest Pack

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Do you think adapting Golden Axe videogame to Hero Quest's rules environment is a good idea?

Yes, I definitely agree, I was waiting for something like this. Good luck!
77%
Yes, sounds well, I want to try something different using my Hero Quest.
8%
Yes, it is a good idea but I do not need it since there are already designed enough Hero Quest Quest Packs waiting to be played.
No votes
Well... I don't have yet a clear opinion about that, let's see how we could design such Quest Pack and then I will say what I think about it.
15%
Well... I think it will be too difficult to make a good game mechanics adaptation and too much work... and what about the miniatures... are there miniatures for that??
No votes
No, I love the videogame because it was designed to be played as a videogame but if it is adapted to a board game it will not be the same for me.
No votes
No, there are too many differences between both games, it's a crazy task!
No votes
No, Golden Axe is not Warhammer and I don't want to see anything not linked with Warhammer inside Hero Quest.
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Golden Axe Quest Pack

Postby HispaZargon » August 22nd, 2021, 4:24 pm

Kurgan wrote:I can't speak for the actual in-game values or whatever but in actual practice, the Amazon is the "fast but weak" character, the Dwarf is the "strong but slow" and the Barbarian is in between. But when it comes to magic, the Dwarf is weak, the Amazon is strong and the Barbarian, again is in the middle. Gilius' axe sets him apart and he is the best in actual combat. So I'd resist the urge to make Axe Battler into a re-creation of the HQ Barbarian as tempting as that might be (just as there's no reason to make this new Dwarf the same as the HQ dwarf necessarily). Still, looking forward to seeing more of your ideas!

Yes, of course there is no reason to consider the barbarian and dwarf the same as Hero Quest ones, but I thought it was a good begining to define them, I think having in mind similar stats as Hero Quest will help to understand better the game mechanics.

Kurgan wrote:The great thing about this adaptation, is you have the Hero miniatures all ready to go (female barbarian, male barbarian and dwarf) though when it comes to enemies you'll be using some stand-ins or crafting some new ones. The idea of using tiles for the mounts is a cool idea.

Yeah, I thought in this great picture to make the first papercraft miniatures!

There are also some 3D models available for the heroes in this link

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Bareheaded Warrior » April 25th, 2022, 2:35 pm

I just spotted this post and remembered that I started doing making a one-off "special" inspired by Golden Axe many years ago but never finished off the project (common theme with me!), if it helps are dig out and post as far as I got which probably wasn't very far, but it may help.
:skull: = white skull, one "hit"
:blackshield: = black skull, one "hit"
:whiteshield: = shield, cancels out one "hit"

Editions: 1989 Original First Edition [FE] and Second Edition [SE], 1990 Remake [US], 2021 Remake [21]

HeroQuest Gold new edition based on Original 1989 HeroQuest, holes patched, dents hammered out, buffed to a shiny finish with ~50 common issues fixed for a smoother experience.

HQ Common Notification System to identify squares on the board
Bareheaded Warrior

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby HispaZargon » April 25th, 2022, 8:02 pm

Bareheaded Warrior wrote:I just spotted this post and remembered that I started doing making a one-off "special" inspired by Golden Axe many years ago but never finished off the project (common theme with me!)

I hope I will finish it sometime in the future... but it would be so challenging. This kind of project seems to be easy when you start but it needs to take much more difficult decissions than desired :-)

Nevertheless, the project is not abandoned at all, I have more material not shared here yet, but still unfinished. Anyway, thank you for your support!

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Silverhawk » January 23rd, 2023, 11:50 am

Hello,

I hope all the best for you to complete your project! It looks very interesting! I am willing to try it out! :)
Silverhawk

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs