• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Morbid Keep

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Morbid Keep

Postby Decipher » January 28th, 2020, 10:33 am

A side quest that could be difficult for low level Heroes. Probably a quest played after the original starter box is finnished. You'll need some extra tiles from a few of the expansions sets.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Morbid Keep

Postby ajjohnsen » January 28th, 2020, 12:29 pm

This looks 100% legit; nicely done! What tool did you use to create this? I've tried suing Heroscribe which is what most here recommend, but I can't seem to get it to work right. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
ajjohnsen

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Decipher » January 28th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Now, if I'm not mistaken, there are two HeroScribe files floating around and one of them I couldn't get to work on my laptop and the other would, but on my new computer it is the opposite. I think I can find them both on my old laptop and send you both of them to see if one will work. I think it has something to do with outdated java runtime. But I use HeroScribe to make the actual map, then use the photoshop template I made a few years ago which is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uqgufng3c ... l.zip/file

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 28th, 2020, 8:07 pm

ajjohnsen wrote:This looks 100% legit; nicely done! What tool did you use to create this? I've tried suing Heroscribe which is what most here recommend, but I can't seem to get it to work right. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

There's a HeroScribe link in my signature that you're welcome to try. Others have been able to use that one when they couldn't get it working on their own.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 29th, 2020, 12:44 am

That Quest was immediately making it into my Quest Index.
I was calculating it again, in the evening, realizing that I forgot the chaos warriors in the hallways and the wandering monsters

I calculated the Difficulty: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :whiteshield: (that means, 4 and a half dice)
That means, if your heroes have four dice and a little bit (like a potion of healing; or having 4 AT and 6 DE dice or if they bring a mercenary), it's playable.
It is also playable as a solo quest with a Hero having :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: and :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: if they bring four Mercenaries, one of each type, plus a swordsman extra

A group that just finished the first quest book would have a hard time (not too hard, though... losing 17 BP is tough but not too much so; especially if they are used playing together a lot and have their tactics and the spell ring)

It's worth noting that for the furniture, one needs a little bit extra from either a second Hero Quest game or one of the numerous Kickstarters or Zealot in the last few years. You have 3 extra treasure chests and 1 extra bookcase compared to the base game.

You produced a little wondering monster there. Love it. :lol: Sadly that picture is gone amiss from the forums. :lol: We should have it as Smiley :D

I like this quest. It's a solid little side quest, playable, nice layout. Thanks a lot!

And through my little error, we learned:
Ifi you just remove all Chaos Warriors in the Hallways, it is playable by a Hero Group with AT :skull: :skull: :skull: + DE :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :whiteshield: :-)
Perfectly adaptable quest.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs