• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Solo Quest] - A Friend in Need

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Solo Quest Pack

Postby The Admiral » March 18th, 2016, 3:33 pm

I just played this quest with my new hero Gilbert Chancier. He used his 100gc advance to take a couple of scouts with him. Well he breezed it, but mostly because he and his men were on fire on attack and defence. He only lost one body point and that was to a hazard card. Artemis was taken out before he could do anything.

A couple of things I noticed:
There is no movement stat for Artemis - I played it as 7, not that it mattered!
There is no guidence as to what the healing potion heals - I went for the standard 4, not that I needed it! especially as the first treasure card I drew was a healing potion.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby MadMickyG » June 4th, 2016, 12:05 am

Started this quest solo, then my youngest took over as EWP.

As I havent done any Chaos spells yet, I gave her all the normal spells, including the new ones I've made, to pick her two spells from.

I used my new Bounty Hunter. After drawing 3 Treasure Traps in a row when trying to gather loot, I had to use the "One Healing scroll" he starts with.
Then after a few monsters, with my bad rolls, I had to use the Healing Potion from the chest.

I found one in Treasure search and almost used it against Artemis.
My daughter used Sleep on me, which succeeded. Luckily she only did one Skull dmg, but left me on 2BP.
I managed to defend against her Fire spell, finally rolling two shields. Spent most of my attacks rolling 1Skull and 2WShields.
Was sitting on 2BP when I finally killed Artemis.

Now my daughter wants to make a quest, as she cited that Artemis may not have been fully killed and has managed to escape part of himself in to the book sitting on the Sorcerers table.

This kid is only 9! Will have to teach her how to use Heroscribe I think.

Enjoyed the solo quest. Might use this as a random style, with varying monsters, or change normal to Chaos monsters. And pick different victim to rescue.

But nice quest. Hard because I rolled like crap and first quest for my Bounty Hunter. But enjoyed it. :)
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Solo Quest] - A Friend in Need

Postby Decipher » May 20th, 2017, 9:07 am

It's awesome you guys played this old thing. I kind of didn't know what I was doing at the time when I made this one. But, I have an update, I have been working all week on a 16 quest solo pack, 4 quests for each hero that should be finished today (Saturday) or tomorrow. I tried to make it well balanced and look as professional as if Milton Bradley made it. As soon as I finish it, I'll post it for review/download. So excited.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » May 20th, 2017, 10:50 am

Yeah, The Admiral plays everything. Simply invaluable for a quest writer! |_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 21st, 2017, 5:05 pm

:D I Try!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » July 17th, 2017, 7:03 pm

The Admiral wrote:I would not give Artemis a choice of spells. Against a single low mind point Hero, a Summon Orcs/Undead and Cloud of Chaos/Sleep combo could easily be a death warrant. Firestorm and Lightning Bolt don't, in my opinion, have the right feel for a single Hero battle. Tempest is a waste of time and Escape is irrelevent. Rust would be okay unless the Hero is just starting out. Command could well just see our Hero turning round and slaying the Elf. I would give him Ball of Flame and Fear.

I normally prefer Quests to note spells, but allowing a choice of spells in this Quest helps the M/Z player to tailor the difficulty to match the Hero. Taking 2 Scouts along is a canny use of resources if allowed, so a good counter is needed for Artemis. The same applies for a well-equipped Hero.

• Cloud of Chaos, Lightning Bolt, or Firestorm are there to even the odds for the lone Wizard.
  • Summon Orcs or Summon Undead could make sense against a well-equipped Hero who could back into a safe fighting position.
  • Even a Barbarian can break a Sleep or Cloud of Chaos spell after a couple of Body Points of average damage from Artemis.
  • Escape denies the majority of the Quest reward if you want to keep things more in line with published Quests.
  • Command can control the Hero (if you allow), moving him into the Elf's cell and forcing him to shackle the Elf, then himself for torture and delivery to Zargon (Artemis would never cross Zargon and have the Elf killed.)
  • Fear and Ball of Flame are great against a new Hero, Rust is always useful against a better-equipped one (as pointed out.)
Of course, if Zargon wants to be a dick, spell choices could be made to kill the Hero and win. Better he choose wisely to allow for a fighting chance with an entertaining end-battle. That's what Artemis is there for.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Anderas » January 30th, 2020, 10:29 am

Finally I tested this quest.

It's nice, easy to play, also, I like that it is a solo quest.

It is perfect (a little bit difficult) for one Hero with 3 dice in attack and defense, if that hero gets to take one mercenary with him (and even if it is just a scout), it becomes easy.

On the spot, cool!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs