• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests, 6 Encounters] - The High Elves

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Small Quest Pack - High Elves

Postby Daedalus » July 15th, 2015, 9:48 pm

clmckay wrote:Does anybody know what template was used to make the Quest Packs on the downloads section (the ones by Pheonix/drathe)? I really like the look of those packs and I think they allow for more text than QuestMaker.

Pheonix and drathe created and worked with the templates for their own use, though to my knowlege the templates themselves were never publicly shared. Try a PM to either author--you never know.

I saw these late, so I'll start with just your first Quest. If you're still interested, I can add more about the other Quests later. As a general comment, I most enjoyed the simple, linked style with the unfolding narrative.

Into the Caverns
This one starts out as a short and sweet warm up. It makes me think a second Quest or another game can be played in the same night. Is this intended to introduce the group into playing the series? It seems to work that way--which is a good thing.

B. It might be cool to add more Orc bodies and a common location letter in some or all of the top three rooms that are currently empty. Habitation-wise, this could balance better with the crowded lower rooms.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Small Quest Pack - High Elves

Postby clmckay » July 15th, 2015, 10:48 pm

The complete quest pack was posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2789

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: High Elf Quest Pack

Postby Daedalus » July 29th, 2015, 1:29 pm

After checking out the entire Quest Pack, I gotta congratulate you on a great linking narrative. The ocean voyage was a great way to introduce completion-optional Encounters. How did play-testing work out?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby clmckay » July 29th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Play testing went great. I think the actual encounters played match the posted questbook with little to no revisions. If anything, some of the quests could've stood to be a bit harder. If I ever revist this QP, I'm going to rework Encounter 6. It played OK, but certainly could've been more spicy.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » July 29th, 2015, 5:00 pm

What do you use on the game board for the big double-door in the last quest, clmckay?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » July 29th, 2015, 5:18 pm

I use these WarhammerQuest doors.

I took a small blade and cut and chipped away to get the tabs on the bottom off, then sanded it down so the bottom was flat.

Works great, but I am super excited for the upcoming Twisting Catacombs with double doors/porticuli in it!

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby GimmeYerGold » July 29th, 2015, 5:21 pm

I've always wanted one of these!

I think it would make the Heroes soil their jerkins when they first stumble upon a door like that :twisted:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 17th, 2016, 11:42 am

I'm currently playing this quest and have come to the end of the third quest, when you decide whether to go on a world cruise or not. Well, obviously I've decided to go! but in that case you shouldn't get your reward for returning the Amber Eye to the Emperor (200 gold coins each) until you've actually returned to the Empire at the end of your voyage.

One thing that confused me in the epilogue was that it says you are returned to Lugren, which is on the coast of Nordland, but it then says you are on the border of the Badlands, which would be the Dwarven port of Barak Varr? As my campaign continues in the Badlands, I am just going to substitute Barak Varr for Lugren.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » May 17th, 2016, 7:02 pm

you shouldn't get your reward for returning the Amber Eye to the Emperor (200 gold coins each) until you've actually returned to the Empire at the end of your voyage.

Good Point. Back when we played this I gave it to them anyway.

One thing that confused me in the epilogue was that it says you are returned to Lugren, which is on the coast of Nordland, but it then says you are on the border of the Badlands, which would be the Dwarven port of Barak Varr? As my campaign continues in the Badlands, I am just going to substitute Barak Varr for Lugren.

Yeah......this is weird for me. I swear it was there on the coast between the Border Princes and the Badlands when I wrote this. I've just checked though and I've obviously hallucinated it. I can't find it in Nordland either though. You should fix that however you think works best for you. However, in my copy I'm going to update it to the city of Somjek, which is standing right where I thought Lugren was.

You would probably like the most recently completed pack. It was a journey through the Darklands. We've finished playing it quite some time ago and it was a blast. Much more diverse than the others we've done. The ones we've played since are much less complex, but it was a nice trip for the Heroes.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 18th, 2016, 5:21 am

clmckay wrote:

Yeah......this is weird for me. I swear it was there on the coast between the Border Princes and the Badlands when I wrote this. I've just checked though and I've obviously hallucinated it. I can't find it in Nordland either though. You should fix that however you think works best for you. However, in my copy I'm going to update it to the city of Somjek, which is standing right where I thought Lugren was.

You would probably like the most recently completed pack. It was a journey through the Darklands. We've finished playing it quite some time ago and it was a blast. Much more diverse than the others we've done. The ones we've played since are much less complex, but it was a nice trip for the Heroes.

According to Glitzman's world map Lugren is an island just off the coast of Nordland. I assumed Lugren is a small fishing village, which is too small to show on the map, on the island or on the coast opposite from which the island gets it name? Somjek works better for me. It seemed odd for an Elven vessel to go to a dwarven port anyway.

'Journey Through the Darklands' - Yes please! 8-)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs