• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Archived Quests]

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Archived Quests]

Postby PersianImm0rtal » January 30th, 2015, 4:06 am

Hey I discovered the oriignal copy of Baltar's gate, and am noticing that the coversion is missing some things, like it doesn't tell you about the ambush in town because its only on the map in the original
PersianImm0rtal

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby torilen » January 30th, 2015, 10:41 am

That....is a beastly amount of quests.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 30th, 2015, 12:30 pm

PersianImm0rtal wrote:Hey I discovered the oriignal copy of Baltar's gate, and am noticing that the coversion is missing some things, like it doesn't tell you about the ambush in town because its only on the map in the original

It's actually noted under 'F' in the quest notes, not on the map itself like the original did.

PersianImm0rtal wrote:WOW!!! That Baltar's Staff quest looks amazing!! I can't wait to try that out, is there any others that are multiple boards like this?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean where you don't have to play them in a certain order? Honestly, I've been working on these for over a year, so I can't remember details about them all. I have another one that is 90% finished called Renegade! and that one can be played in any order.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby mitchiemasha » January 30th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Thank you.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby PersianImm0rtal » January 30th, 2015, 4:40 pm

StratosVX wrote:
PersianImm0rtal wrote:Hey I discovered the oriignal copy of Baltar's gate, and am noticing that the coversion is missing some things, like it doesn't tell you about the ambush in town because its only on the map in the original

It's actually noted under 'F' in the quest notes, not on the map itself like the original did.

PersianImm0rtal wrote:WOW!!! That Baltar's Staff quest looks amazing!! I can't wait to try that out, is there any others that are multiple boards like this?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean where you don't have to play them in a certain order? Honestly, I've been working on these for over a year, so I can't remember details about them all. I have another one that is 90% finished called Renegade! and that one can be played in any order.

What I mean is that the heroes can go between different boards, for example, going from Welcar's castle to Baltsr's house... You need to go through town.
PersianImm0rtal

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 30th, 2015, 8:32 pm

PersianImm0rtal wrote:
StratosVX wrote:

What I mean is that the heroes can go between different boards, for example, going from Welcar's castle to Baltsr's house... You need to go through town.

I don't think I've seen that in any of them that I've looked at so far, but I haven't looked through them all.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby PersianImm0rtal » January 31st, 2015, 12:44 am

StratosVX wrote:
PersianImm0rtal wrote:
StratosVX wrote:

I don't think I've seen that in any of them that I've looked at so far, but I haven't looked through them all.

I think it's a great quest mechanic if you are new to RPGs but want something a little heavier. I feel like the official quests are really light sometimes.
PersianImm0rtal

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 31st, 2015, 12:25 pm

It also gives the players more of a feeling that they have choices on what to do. Takes away some of the linearity of the story. The one I'm working on now allows to to pick the order of the quests, but each quest has a perk for being the first one played. I like that idea too.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mitchiemasha » January 31st, 2015, 1:17 pm

Any chance of a zip upload of all the cards so I can download in 1 click. I've downloaded all the quest books individually. Please.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » January 31st, 2015, 9:35 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:Any chance of a zip upload of all the cards so I can download in 1 click. I've downloaded all the quest books individually. Please.

You should be able to right click on the folders and select "Download". That will put everything in the folder into a zip file and then download it to your computer. I don't keep these on my computer in the JPEG format, I only keep the original Photoshop files. So I would need to go through all the folders they are kept in and convert them. I'm at work until the 9th and it's highly unlikely I'll get time to do it while I'm here. If you are someone that just prints them on card stock, they are included at the end of the quests all laid out and ready for printing. Everything you need (as far as tiles and cards) to play the quests are included in them.

Rewards:
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups: