• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[2-Player Quest] - The Mirror Maze

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: The Mirror Maze - Quest for 2 players

Postby Goblin-King » January 10th, 2017, 5:05 am

1. generally play as if the statue teleports to it's new location. It doesn't bump into everything on it's way.
As Morcar it's up to you to play practical and avoid having to make a statue end it's movement in an occupied square.

2. He looses 1 BP and is instantly returned to the square he came from.

I've made a new version of the Mirror Maze though with 3 additional quests.
Sadly I failed and formatted it as "letter format". It's on my to do list to get this fixed for easy printing.
If you can hold out I'll get it fixed soon. I find this to be a superior quest.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » January 10th, 2017, 6:27 am

Thanks for that. I will be playing this with my brother in mid February. Looking forward to seeing the new version, but this one looks fine if that is not ready.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Clarification

Postby The Admiral » January 12th, 2017, 9:25 am

I am assuming that the Soulless Wizard only prevents the use of the rings in the room he is in and not the entire gameboard? Otherwise he can just use the 'Escape' Spell and that is the end of the game as the Heroes are now trapped forever.

You could perhaps spell this out in your new version if you haven't already done so.

Also, the two trapped chests need an orange background.

I've just finished the quest. Very clever. It was hard to picture how to move about even when I new what I was doing! I will be intrigued to see how my brother gets on with it next month. I liked the Wizard having plenty of BP's and defence. Too often the big boss has all these interesting spells that he never gets to use. My Wizard managed to escape to the room where the four mirror skeletons rise from the coffins. This room had not yet been discovered so the Heroes had to track him down again for another round of fighting.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 13th, 2017, 5:24 am

Yeaaah... He shouldn't really use the Escape spell. You are right, it kinda breaks the quest.

He is actually supposed to prevent usage of the rings on his entire side of the board - ONCE he is discovered.
The purpose is to trap the players with him in the two rooms. Heroes enter but can't leave
But of course a slow hero could be way behind exploring and gat trapped... So yes... The rings won't work in the wizard room and the adjacent small 2x3 room.

Good catches. You make a good playtester |_P

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » January 13th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Your welcome. I always like to play through the quests I'm going to be playing with my brother, to make sure everything goes smoothly, as we have limited time.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MadMickyG » March 10th, 2017, 7:27 am

I like the look of this quest. Plus, it has given me an idea regarding a quest I had planned to do.
I copied the text in to Word and tidied up the grammar and spelling (I'm totally anal that way :P)

Planning to run my kids (or kid) through this quest.

Then will do my quest, now I have another way to do i, thanks to Mirror Maze.

Not sure if anyone has given you story idea for next quests, but you could do the old sliver of the mirror got in someones eye. This sliver contains a piece of the Wizards soul, or a link to it. Wizard trying to regather his soul one story line.
Player turning in to the Evil Wizard also works, like jumping from player to player until he gets in to a Wizard.

Also, this would be a good quest to enable a melee type player to start down the path of a mage. Or maybe just improve MP on the first hero to read the book.
An idea I have been toying with. Would also need a quest that can improve BP for weaker heroes, but melee based.

Just some thoughts. :)
Check out my dabblings in writing.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse ... 4179561807
Feel free to let me know what you think. All comments/criticisms welcome.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
MadMickyG

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: [2-Player Quest] - The Mirror Maze

Postby Daedalus » May 6th, 2017, 11:59 am

It's good news to hear you are revisiting this one--we look forward to it. I reformatted the OP a bit with a detailed components breakdown to help downloaders who want to play.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » September 25th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Hey, GK! Any word on the update or expansion of this?

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » September 25th, 2017, 6:02 pm

I've actually been thinking a lot about picking this up again recently.
So many projects... so little time...

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Pancho » November 18th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Cool quest!

A few story ideas for your interlinked mirror quests;

- Mentor himself has been magically imprisoned in Morcars series of interdimensional mazes. Go rescue him.
- The evil Elven Mage Sinestra created these mirror Mazes as a place to escape death itself. The Elf and his companions must travel there to finish her off for good, as well as some other old adversaries that we thought were destroyed...
- The mysterious traveller at the campfire is an evil wizard who wants to trap the heroes in his maze for ever, knowing that Morcar will richly reward him.
- One of the mazes is being used to double the number of monsters in Morcars army. It must be destroyed!

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs